ArmaniJeanss Registered User

dmcm_90 said:
I don't want to know what the place is like all I want to know is are you allowed alcohol on in carry on. It's for drinking on the ferry bit to take home. that's all I asked
It's not for drink I'm going it's just to get of the island for a few hours instead of doing something. I might buy a bottle of something if it caches my eye. Like a flavoured bottle of vofka we don't have over hear

There are no liquid limits to what you can carry on, the 100ml container restriction is just an airplane thing.

Nomis21 Registered User

Bring back as much alcohol as you like and if you are not making it too obvious you will be able to drink it on the 4 hour ferry crossing.

There is also a 2 hour hour fast ferry but that gets cancelled if there is any sort of wind blowing.

Chris_5339762 Registered User

Holyhead town is an awful dump, but Holy island is lovely, very like Howth.

vandriver Registered User

Chris_5339762 said:
Holyhead town is an awful dump, but Holy island is lovely, very like Howth.

That's an awful long walk from Holyhead.

P_1 Registered User

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is only down the road

2 people have thanked this post
Stephen15 Registered User

P_1 said:
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch is only down the road

That's another dump all that's in it is an overpriced gift shop, a cafe and a co-op.

1 person has thanked this post
circular flexing Registered User

Nomis21 said:
Bring back as much alcohol as you like and if you are not making it too obvious you will be able to drink it on the 4 hour ferry crossing.

There is also a 2 hour hour fast ferry but that gets cancelled if there is any sort of wind blowing.

Not necessarily. I think it used to be the case that it couldn't dock in Holyhead overnight so if it got to Holyhead then it usually had to make the trip back. I was on an awful crossing on it years ago - my wife and myself were the only people who didn't vomit.

tallaghtfornia Registered User

vandriver said:
Don't forget the chipper I went into that seemed to be staffed by the local asylum.

I remember going to that chipper with my aunt in the 80s and I asked her why the chips had so many eyes in them

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!