I saw a story on Facebook a while back about a café that charges men proportionately more to highlight the gender pay gap. I just laughed. Quite genuinely. I don’t really like the derogatory SJW tag but this was the one time I thought it seemed apt. I wonder does the café do well? Surely men would just stop going there? Surely the pricing is discriminatory?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/08/world/cafe-gender-pay-gap-trnd/index.html

2 people have thanked this post
bear1 Registered User

So another example of hypocrisy...

1 person has thanked this post
El_Duderino 09 Registered User

bear1 said:

If you seriously can't see it then why would I bother?
You asked for examples of hypocrisy, I found you one.

Who or what organisation or other grouping is being hypocritical in the example you highlighted?

If you have a point and are able to make it, then you probably will. If you don’t then you probably won’t.

If it’s all so bloody obvious, just spit it out.

bear1 Registered User

El_Duderino 09 said:
Who or what organisation or other grouping is being hypocritical in the example you highlighted?

If you have a point and are able to make it, then you probably will. If you don’t then you probably won’t.

Right.
You have a case against a golf course which is accused of discrimination and is supported by women all the way to the high court.
Golf course won.
Business center opens up in London where only women can become members and men can only enter as guests of the women going.
Still open and with no challenges against it..
Now, there was a poster who kept using this golf course as an example of how men have their own spaces. Seems to me that the point was both pointless and easily countered by the above.
I suspect you'll come back with some nonsense anyway so I'm just going to leave it there.

bear1 said:
El_Duderino 09 said:

Right.
You have a case against a golf course which is accused of discrimination and is supported by women all the way to the high court.
Golf course won.
Business center opens up in London where only women can become members and men can only enter as guests of the women going.
Still open and with no challenges against it..
Now, there was a poster who kept using this golf course as an example of how men have their own spaces. Seems to me that the point was both pointless and easily countered by the above.
I suspect you'll come back with some nonsense anyway so I'm just going to leave it there.

They’re in different countries with different established norms. The Independent article said there have been identical men’s only clubs in the uk since the 1800s so it’s not out a new concept over there. The article just highlight the fact that the first women’s only club is opening. The golf club is in Ireland where I don’t think we have much culture of men/women only clubs so it was challenged in the high court and the club was found to be legal. No problem.

If you can tell me what person or group is being hypocritical, then please feel free to do so. If you think the fact that a story from a decade ago and a different story about a different topic, demonstrates that men are under attack, then it’s a wafer thin.

It's probably a good decision to leave it there. The longer you go crying hypocrisy without being able to actually go into any detail about who is acting hypocritically, the worse it gets.

Stop digging and I'll pass down a ladder.

bear1 Registered User

I think it's more people can't be arsed with you anymore.
Whenever the ladder makes it down make sure you don't break the steps on your way up ,)

Zulu Registered User

bear1 said:
I think it's more people can't be arsed with you anymore.
Whenever the ladder makes it down make sure you don't break the steps on your way up ,)

Seriously don't bother. You'll note his posts get progressively more insulting as he misrepresents and twists whatever you've said. He has zero interest is civil discourse.

Que more baiting...

3 people have thanked this post
bear1 Registered User

Zulu said:
Seriously don't bother. You'll note his posts get progressively more insulting as he misrepresents and twists whatever you've said. He has zero interest is civil discourse.

Que more baiting...

I got the impression it's a woman but yeah sheer pointless.

meeeeh Registered User

_Dara_ said:
I saw a story on Facebook a while back about a café that charges men proportionately more to highlight the gender pay gap. I just laughed. Quite genuinely. I don’t really like the derogatory SJW tag but this was the one time I thought it seemed apt. I wonder does the café do well? Surely men would just stop going there? Surely the pricing is discriminatory?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/08/08/world/cafe-gender-pay-gap-trnd/index.html

I checked the reviews they don't charge extra to men, at least not anymore. I suspect it was a marketing ploy to get into media considering they were opening for the first time that week. That being said they are a vegan cafe so you can criticise them as much as you wish.

bear1
I think it's more people can't be arsed with you anymore. Whenever the ladder makes it down make sure you don't break the steps on your way up ,)

Zulu

Just be sure to let us know if either of you ever figure out who is behaving hypocritically in the case of the resort in Finland. That would be the best course to civil discourse.

igCorcaigh Registered User

Good for them.

There was a male only island once too.
But remember what happened to poor Piggy

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!