Say my name Registered User

It seems to be getting very serious now.
Surely it must be time for prosecutions to follow for so called vegan representatives harassing dairy farmers who use social media. I mean a death threat is a death threat. Whether it's said face to face or even worse in my view posted over the internet. Prosecutions should follow or are the only people allowed to use social media now bully boy militant vegans?

http://www.thatsfarming.com/news/dairy-farm-vegan-abuse

4 people have thanked this post

Farmers put food on our table, anything that threatens a farmer threatens all who buy their produce in the markets and supermarkets. I am vegetarian and will make the transition to vegan but I'm just getting the hang of the veggie thing right now. I don't believe in shoving my beliefs down other peoples throats. However we do eat a lot of meat[some have meat every day and that has proven to not be healthy]. We should at least have three meat free days per week if we are to live healthy full lives.

7 people have thanked this post
Farmer Tom Banned

Them vegans would want to be put out cleaning drains with shovels and wake up and live in the real world.

31 people have thanked this post
wrangler Registered User

Say my name said:
It seems to be getting very serious now.
Surely it must be time for prosecutions to follow for so called vegan representatives harassing dairy farmers who use social media. I mean a death threat is a death threat. Whether it's said face to face or even worse in my view posted over the internet. Prosecutions should follow or are the only people allowed to use social media now bully boy militant vegans?

http://www.thatsfarming.com/news/dairy-farm-vegan-abuse

What do they expect when anonymous posting is allowed and encouraged even....trolls paradise

3 people have thanked this post
NIMAN Registered User

Surely the authorities should be taking death threats seriously?

I know none of these numpties would have the balls to actually cause harm to someone, but it's easy enough to track someone via their ip address.

Haul a few of them in, give out a few suspended sentences and that would take the urge off them.

1 person has thanked this post
Waffletraktor Registered User

Like every religon you'll have a few zealots.

13 people have thanked this post
Base price Registered User

Waffletraktor said:
Like every religon you'll have a few zealots.

Like every ideology there are extremists who know no bounds.

Who2 Registered User

While I know it’s hypocritical by even acknowledging this thread we’re doing wrong

worded Registered User

They would’ve have enough energy to kill anyone so it’s not a serious threat.

Bit a few should be jailed in one of our Vegan friendly jails with recycled metal doors to show the udders that this isn’t on though

Wait till to you see them all keeping sharpened carrots as shanks and spitting garlic at the guards within a few weeks though

Also I’m not one for retaliation but should some carnivores start threatening a few cous cous or turnip farmers to balance this hate out a bit man ?

5 people have thanked this post
Say my name Registered User

Who2 said:
While I know it’s hypocritical by even acknowledging this thread we’re doing wrong

How so?

The extreme extreme vitriol seems to have now become part of the course in recent times for dairy farmers online.
But now post a clip of a cow giving birth on Facebook or Twitter and you get death threats for you and your family.
When did this become acceptable?
This thread is merely shining a light on the dangerous turn of events that non social (twitter, facebook) media farmers or non social media vegans or the rest of society may be unaware of.
By acknowledging that it's happening doesn't make this thread wrong.

Ignoring the problem has only allowed the threats to grow in intensity till we now have reached where we are in death threats ffs and still the best solution by the authorities was to tell the farmer to remove the clip of a cow giving birth to three calves rather than deal with the perpetrators.

mahoney_j Registered User

Tis crazy andxstupid on twitter ,all these hard core vegans sucking some farmers into pointless arguemenrs ,just ignore them and don’t engage best form of defence .lots posting pictures and videos of the high quality and welfare standards that we use to produce and care for our ainmals ,should be just left at that

Mtx Registered User

The militant vegan movement is led by trolls who know they can make a career out of it e.g earthling ed and Joey carbstrong. The movement is followed by stupid people out of touch of how society works. Real vegans wouldn't be at this crap.

6 people have thanked this post
patsy_mccabe Registered User

We should send them all back in time to the potato famine.

diceyreilly Registered User

beautyobsessed said:
Farmers put food on our table, anything that threatens a farmer threatens all who buy their produce in the markets and supermarkets. I am vegetarian and will make the transition to vegan but I'm just getting the hang of the veggie thing right now. I don't believe in shoving my beliefs down other peoples throats. However we do eat a lot of meat[some have meat every day and that has proven to not be healthy]. We should at least have three meat free days per week if we are to live healthy full lives.

That of course is nonsense. My Dad is 82. Has eaten meat every day I’ve known him. And I think I’ve seen him unwell about twice in my life ( cold/flu)
Some people are healthy and some people aren’t regardless if they eat meat or not.

aaakev Registered User

Some of these lads are are a bit nuts and will resort to breaking the law. Look at what they did to the fur farming lads. I know a lad who was broken into and had mink released by these ****ers. Last i spoke to him he had closed up shop because it wasnt worth all the hassle, he had them camping out in the woods watching their movements and all. Scary stuff

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!