pauldry Registered User

Great to have a February twice as sunny as normal. Its a given isnt it?😀

2 people have thanked this post
sryanbruen Registered User

pauldry said:
Great to have a February twice as sunny as normal. Its a given isnt it?��

After last year's dreadful affairs, we deserve it.

M.T. Cranium Registered User

10.5 at Belmullet on 4th was the highest so far this month, and the only reading into double digits that I've seen.

1 person has thanked this post
JCX BXC Registered User

Have only read the thread now, Johnstown Castle will do!

Joe Public Registered User

-4.2C at Mullingar yesterday, is that the lowest yet?

4 people have thanked this post

After the first chilly week ...

IMT on 3.1, which is 2.1 below normal.

MAX 10.5, MIN -4.2 (max may edge up after today?)

PRC only 52% of normal so far.

SUN 167% of normal (1003/600).

pauldry Registered User

The 200percent Febs still on MT. Well done

Mines a blowout!

Tae laidir Registered User

Moore Park 12.3 yesterday.

5 people have thanked this post

Did anyone see my earlier post? I said Knock had beaten out some stations for sunshine on 14th but not all data were posted yet. Well I refreshed the page and all the data are there now.

Knock is the champion of sunshine, must be a rather unusual outcome, but that's what they say, 3.4 hours just ahead of 3.3 at Gurteen and 2.8 at Malin Head.

Congrats to Dacogawa and BLIZZARD7 who guessed Knock, and to sunflower3 and Johnmac who were closest to the right value. 2pt Superbonus won't be awarded but maybe some 1 pt ones will emerge, will score this end of the month.

6 people have thanked this post
pauldry Registered User

No they seem to be on yesterdays report

3.4 knock
3.3 gurteen

Thanks, I was editing when you posted.

We are an optimistic group, 18 of 23 forecasts were too high although sunflower3 by only 0.1 hour. Johnmac was 0.1 low. Nobody picked Gurteen and only one (Joe Public) picked third place Malin Head.

The sunny south coast (JC 0.7, Cork 0.6 hours) finished dead last. So it goes.

So on the location, would say 3 points for the two who picked Knock, 2 points for Joe Public with Malin Head and 1 point for anyone who picked any of Shannon, Dublin or Belmullet which were just behind Malin Head and ahead of the rest of the pack. Otherwise only three out of 23 will get any points for location (because nobody picked 2nd place Gurteen for the two points). Will give Con and NormaL 1 point on the same basis.

You can figure out roughly how many points for sunshine hours, I will give seven points to top four and 6 down to 1 point to groups of three or four depending on how they cluster. Surprised nobody took the all zero option, it probably doesn't happen that often in mid-February as opposed to December but it must happen sometimes.

Another rather cold week for the second week of February ...

IMT now on 3.5 with the second week at 4.0, still 1.3 below normal.

PRC has moved above normal now, the second week had 191% of normal which leaves the month at 122%.

SUN remains high although my hopes for 200% are fading a little, this past week managed 153% (916/600) and the running average then is 160 per cent of normal. If this keeps up, we'll be scoring off the minimum progression as the second highest forecasts are 125%, anything between 133% and 192% is going to trigger full minimum progression, under the rules, I can limit everyone else's boost to half if the result is 193 to 207 for a natural score of 9 or 10 ... I don't think the forecasts below 125 will require any boost if 125 scores 9 or 10 ... so that's a very narrow window for losing the 2 to 5 points involved in a reduced minimum progression, I wouldn't worry about it happening. Knowing my luck we will come in at 192 (more likely 140ish).

7 people have thanked this post

Not quite as mild as the previous max on Sunday (12.1 the highest values). Today could challenge again.

I think I see a new MIN coming from Siberia.

BLIZZARD7 Registered User

M.T. Cranium said:
Not quite as mild as the previous max on Sunday (12.1 the highest values). Today could challenge again.

I think I see a new MIN coming from Siberia.

Was going to say, I can see the all time February minimum coming under pressure next week.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!