Wearb Moderator
#1

Some time in the past I used some family tree program to save a file that gave the relationship I have with everyone else on the tree.

I have this text file still, but it needs updating and about 5 PC's later, I have no idea what was used to create it. Anyone know of a program that will do this please?
A trial version will be fine as i only need to do this once for now and not again for a few more years.

I use Great family at the moment and this doesn't do what I need.

pedroeibar1 Registered User
#2

Possibly Familytreemaker. That business was acquired a couple of years ago by Mackiev and there has been a big upgrade to their programme.

1 person has thanked this post
pinkypinky Moderator
#3

If you have a tree on Ancestry, it does show this when you click on an individual.

1 person has thanked this post
Hermy Registered User
#4

pinkypinky said:
If you have a tree on Ancestry, it does show this when you click on an individual.


I think that only works if you are the home person on the tree.

2 people have thanked this post
pinkypinky Moderator
#5

You can change the home person though.

Wearb Moderator
#6

Does it give my relationship to everyone on the tree in one text file?

pinkypinky Moderator
#7

No, it shows on screen when you go into each person.

Wearb Moderator
#8

pinkypinky said:
No, it shows on screen when you go into each person.


The file I have lists everyone on the tree and their relationship to me. I used so many trial programs in the beginning that I can’t now remember how I did this. It might even have been a standalone program that worked off a GED file.

pedroeibar1 Registered User
#9

Wearb said:
Does it give my relationship to everyone on the tree in one text file?


FTM does that for the home person (who also can be changed). It also shows the relationship between the home person and any individual in an open window. It has a relationship calculator that will allow the input of two individuals and then calculate their relationship. I don't know if the free version does all that, or even if there still is a free version since the Mackiev takeover.

Wearb Moderator
#10

pedroeibar1 said:
FTM does that for the home person (who also can be changed). It also shows the relationship between the home person and any individual in an open window. It has a relationship calculator that will allow the input of two individuals and then calculate their relationship. I don't know if the free version does all that, or even if there still is a free version since the Mackiev takeover.


Thanks for that, its something to go on for now.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!