remi76 Registered User

Hi Lads,

I need some advice. We got Approval in Principle from CC. 2 weeks ago we have found New Development, we paid deposit and hire solicitor.So we are on Sale Agree now. We sent deposit proof and details of property to CC and solicitor details. By Estate Agent this house will be to be ready in November. But CC said I can't get full Loan Pack before house will be ready for valuation. But from other side Developer/Estate Agent push me to sign contract within 2 weeks, but I've no Loan Pack and will not get this before valuation as they says in Council Loan Dept.. Do you have any expierence with this? Do you think CC should offer Loan Pack before valuation like normal Bank do it?

Thx. Best regards

Viktoria99 Registered User

stryker mcqueen said:
Only signed contracts yesterday so I will let you know when I do!

Hello, any update for you? May I ask please which county council did you apply? I hope mine will take max 3 weeks to sent the legal pack to the solicitor I'm with Fingal. It would be great to move to as new home before Christmas...

redmond08 Registered User

I have approval, signed contracts and everything. The builders have said the house will be ready in January, the loan offer is valid for 6 months, which is the end of January. If the house isn't ready by then, do I have to fill out an application all over again? Or do they just give me an extension? Also if I have to fill an application out again, would it be as if I was applying for the first time? Bank statements, loan refusals, etc?

remi76 Registered User

redmond08, how you got full Loan Offer before valuation? Or you mean Loan Offer = Approv on Principle? Also did you solicitor insert any protection with subject to loan to contract ?

remi76 said:
redmond08, how you got full Loan Offer before valuation? Or you mean Loan Offer = Approv on Principle? Also did you solicitor insert any protection with subject to loan to contract ?

It's a new build, are solicitor got the loan pack off the council, signed them today and signed the contracts for the builder. She has put in protection that if we can't draw down the funds we get our full deposit back. It's just if we need an extension, is it straight forward or more paperwork? I'm just worried the house won't be done in time!

I just seen your previous post Remi76, your solicitor should get the loan pack, yours is a new build like mine. You can't get a valuation on a new build if it isn't finished yet.

remi76 Registered User

I supposed it should be like that but I've spoken personally with CC and their Solicitor they both said definetly they not give Loan Pack before valuation and that's are rules of Rebuilduing Ireland Loan. As I see everything is depend from Co.Council.

remi76 said:
I supposed it should be like that but I've spoken personally with CC and their Solicitor they both said definetly they not give Loan Pack before valuation and that's are rules of Rebuilduing Ireland Loan. As I see everything is depend from Co.Council.

Maybe get your local TD involved, it is very strange they ain't giving the loan pack to your solicitor!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!