markodaly Registered User

Seems to be a bit of kerfuffle about this interview, mostly on how Jordan Peterson schooled Cathy Newman on almost every point and her own personal philosophy about feminism and the patriarchy. There is a 5 second WTF silence in the middle of it when she releases, that she is losing, losing badly and tries to rescue her efforts anyway but how.

Now, the news is not about the disgraceful and unprofessional way the interview was handled but about mean people on the internet acting up and being dicks.

I suppose after such a car crash, they have to change the narrative. Will 2018 be the beginning of the end of these sacred feminist myths?

158 people have thanked this post
SSr0 Registered User

I was astounded by how she was constantly trying to twist JP's words in to generic women bashing nonsense?

124 people have thanked this post
suicide_circus Registered User

A very petulant interviewing style

24 people have thanked this post

The snooker is on at 1.30.

22 people have thanked this post
B0jangles Registered User

Isn't he the guy who thinks being asked to use a transgender person's preferred pronouns is oppression and a sign of the impending collapse of modern society?

7 people have thanked this post
SSr0 Registered User

B0jangles said:
Isn't he the guy who thinks being asked to use a transgender person's preferred pronouns is oppression and a sign of the impending collapse of modern society?

Listen to the interview, you'll be pleasantly disappointed.

157 people have thanked this post
markodaly Registered User

B0jangles said:

No. Did you watch the video? Guess not.

41 people have thanked this post
silverharp Registered User

at a minimum she was lazy and didnt prepare properly for it.

8 people have thanked this post
kneemos Registered User

Is yer wan special needs or something?

14 people have thanked this post

markodaly said:
No. Did you watch the video? Guess not.

Did I say his opinion of how to address transgender people came up in that video?

https://youtu.be/SiijS_9hPkM?t=92

He makes his position quite clear in this one. He thinks his personal principals are more important than treating other people with basic respect and good manners.

6 people have thanked this post
21Savage Banned

She got schooled. Schooled badly. Hard to watch.

39 people have thanked this post

B0jangles said:
Did I say his opinion of how to address transgender people came up in that video?

https://youtu.be/SiijS_9hPkM?t=92

He makes his position quite clear in this one. He thinks his personal principals are more important than treating other people with basic respect and good manners.

Nope wrong again. He is against legislation that forces people to use made up language like "Zer" and "Zim". It is absurd.

147 people have thanked this post
Will I Am Not Registered User

So you’re saying... no I’m not.
So you think... no I don’t.
What I’m hearing is... you’re not listening.

Retire lady.

87 people have thanked this post

Max Prophet said:
Nope wrong again. He is against legislation that forces people to use made up language like "Zer" and "Zim". It is absurd.

The legislation in question did not force anyone to use any particular pronouns.

The changes to Canadian law will mean that gender identity and gender expression will be added to the already-lengthy list of protected classes — which includes "color, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability."

That change will strictly forbid discrimination against trans workers in federally-regulated sectors — including the military, airlines, the telecommunications sector, and elsewhere — but also beef up hate crime protections for victims of violence, or targets of hate speech.

https://news.vice.com/article/it-could-protect-us-canada-moves-to-adopt-new-trans-rights-as-quickly-as-possible

3 people have thanked this post
Wibbs Wibbed for your pleasure

SSr0 said:
I was astounded by how she was constantly trying to twist JP's words in to generic women bashing nonsense?
That's a narrative in current western society. Women victims, men bad. That and gender doesn't really exist and we're all blank slates that culture influences into what we think "men" and "women" are.

The interview went badly for her for a few reasons. She's obviously intelligent, but he's more intelligent and speaking on a subject he is an expert in, whereas she has to quickly swot up on the subject of whomever she's interviewing next.

108 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!