fixie Registered User

I'm trying to get some more information on the history of this car but am struggling. Basically it was originally purchased in 1967 by Irish Shipping Ltd, which was apparently they're first year of profit in 10 years! In 1973 it was then bought by Iona Garage & Engineering Works LTD, assuming Pierce Cahill. It still has the Irish Aero Club sticker in the rear window from this time. Its back on the road now after a long break.

Unfortunately neither Irish Shipping, the Irish Aero Club or Iona Engineering exist anymore. Anyway, I thought it was worth asking on the off chance someone can point me in the right direction or put me in contact with someone of relevance. I had the pleasure of talking to two former Iona Engineering workers at Dalkey, although I don't remember if they recognised the car.

I've attached a photo below

Attachments
IMG_0285.JPG
7 people have thanked this post
DaveCol Registered User

I saw it at the show in Dalkey last summer and thought it looked great and had a great story behind it. Best of luck with the history search.

fixie Registered User

DaveCol said:
I saw it at the show in Dalkey last summer and thought it looked great and had a great story behind it. Best of luck with the history search.

There is more to the cars history than described in Dalkey. I'm trying to get a more complete history together before the RDS show in March.

1 person has thanked this post
fixie Registered User

I have now tracked down a previous owner of the car. I had wrongfully assumed i was Pearse Cahills car when it was another Cahill who owned it. I am due to meet up with him so he can see the car again for the first time since 1974. I will have the full details about the car and its story ready for the RDS show

7 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!