Patww79 Registered User

Not once. 438 convictions apparently though

Alun Registered User

Patww79 said:
Not once. 438 convictions apparently though

I saw a car pulled in just after the roadworks finished by a Garda Traffic Corps (or whatever they're called these days) car though. Funny thing was the Garda car was in the middle of a convoy of cars all travelling at 100km/h+ that passed me a few minutes earlier.

WishUWereHere Registered User

McCrack said:
So has anyone actually seen a Gosafe van along the works?

Only time I have seen one ( I come off at J10 so cannot speak for beyond) is when one was doing 60kph coming north, and of course nobody passed him, only that those cars had no idea there was a second one waiting outside Goffs after they sped up once the 60kph restrictions were passed.

Patww79 Registered User

WishUWereHere said:
Only time I have seen one ( I come off at J10 so cannot speak for beyond) is when one was doing 60kph coming north, and of course nobody passed him, only that those cars had no idea there was a second one waiting outside Goffs after they sped up once the 60kph restrictions were passed.

There's a van there past Goffs so regularly that anyone thick enough to caught there deserves it. Natural selection.

1 person has thanked this post
Patww79 Registered User

Speed van on the roadworks bit today anyway. So many changes of kaks will be needed this evening after the panic of people slowing from 90 down to 40. Imbeciles.

Grandad99 Registered User

Speed van there again this afternoon around 14:30 just before the end of the roadworks heading towards Dublin.

There was a 30 minute tailback as one spotted the van, braked and two others ploughed into the first resulting in 1 of the 2 lanes blocked.

Dravokivich Moderator

If only there was something prominent to tell them what the speed limit is...

4 people have thanked this post
iwillhtfu Registered User

I saw a new one this morning, Garda jeep with a camera mounted on the roof sitting in the emergency lane inside the barrier. He seemed to be driving along at one point matching the speed of traffic which I thought unusual.

On another note I was overtaken by a Siac car through the road works I was doing 70.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!