Patww79 Registered User
#151

WishUWereHere said:
I notice the 'scoreboards' ( flashing signs informing how many prosecutions have been issued to date ) have also disappeared.

Honestly, these roadworks are nothing short of a bloody joke. Have yet to see a gatso trapping, and at the same time every evening this week as I drive home around 18h00-19h00 have yet to see one person in the centre of the Mway...Any wonder the project is 9 months behind schedule.


They were still there yesterday anyway, both directions. Now displaying 421.

1 person has thanked this post
CeilingFly Registered User
#152

WishUWereHere said:


Honestly, these roadworks are nothing short of a bloody joke. Have yet to see a gatso trapping, and at the same time every evening this week as I drive home around 18h00-19h00 have yet to see one person in the centre of the Mway...Any wonder the project is 9 months behind schedule.


Adhering to the speed is nothing whatsoever to do with the contractors. It is for the gardai only and they will not enforce 60kmh.

They will and have stopped people doing over 100kmh

as for 6pm onwards - maybe have a look at 7am and you'll see them all working, but you're probably asleep at that time.

7am to 4.30pm is the standard work time on the site.

Some sub contractors who work is not dependent on other contractors will work different hours (eg - shrubbery and topsoil clearance).

I just do not understand the utter whiniung that comes form some posters - especially when it obvious that they have no experience whatsoever of construction or project management. Two lanes have been kept open at all times - just as two lanes have been there all along.

Traffic if anything is flowing better except when there's a breakdown or crash - but there has been a dramatic reduction in rear end accidents, so flow is surprisingly better than expected. But no-one is pointing this out as they can';t possibly say a good word!

I just wish the negative ninnies would shut the f up with their whining

WishUWereHere Registered User
#153

Patww79 said:
They were still there yesterday anyway, both directions. Now displaying 421.


Up to today I only use the N/M7 going down. But today I had reason to use both directions, and yes I saw the 'scoreboards' there. Must have missed the one going down on Friday evening. Sorry.

Patww79 Registered User
#154

WishUWereHere said:
Up to today I only use the N/M7 going down. But today I had reason to use both directions, and yes I saw the 'scoreboards' there. Must have missed the one going down on Friday evening. Sorry.


I'm sure the numbers are made up anyway.

WishUWereHere Registered User
#155

CeilingFly said:
Adhering to the speed is nothing whatsoever to do with the contractors. It is for the gardai only and they will not enforce 60kmh.

They will and have stopped people doing over 100kmh

as for 6pm onwards - maybe have a look at 7am and you'll see them all working, but you're probably asleep at that time.

7am to 4.30pm is the standard work time on the site.

Some sub contractors who work is not dependent on other contractors will work different hours (eg - shrubbery and topsoil clearance).

I just do not understand the utter whiniung that comes form some posters - especially when it obvious that they have no experience whatsoever of construction or project management. Two lanes have been kept open at all times - just as two lanes have been there all along.

Traffic if anything is flowing better except when there's a breakdown or crash - but there has been a dramatic reduction in rear end accidents, so flow is surprisingly better than expected. But no-one is pointing this out as they can';t possibly say a good word!

I just wish the negative ninnies would shut the f up with their whining


Very presumptuous aren't we? FYI, My day starts at 07h00 in Maynooth, so I leave Newbridge around 06h00, but I go the back road via Caragh & Clane ( when there is no frost or snom ), so have no use for the M/N7.

castletownman Registered User
#156

Not sure if relevant to thread but I have a question regarding the M7/M9 merge. I know it's possible to merge onto the M9 from the M7 when travelling from Dublin, but is it possible to merge onto the M7 from the M9 travelling north from the Tinryland junction? Can't decipher it from google maps- it looks like the M9 sort of becomes the M7 as you travel towards Dublin.

TIA

Patww79 Registered User
#157

castletownman said:
Not sure if relevant to thread but I have a question regarding the M7/M9 merge. I know it's possible to merge onto the M9 from the M7 when travelling from Dublin, but is it possible to merge onto the M7 from the M9 travelling north from the Tinryland junction? Can't decipher it from google maps- it looks like the M9 sort of becomes the M7 as you travel towards Dublin.

TIA


Like hearing from Carlow towards Dublin? Yeah the M9 ends and the only way to go is merge onto the northbound M7. You can't go southbound on the M7 (towards Limerick) from the M9 north, to do that you'd need to go off at Kilcullen and head for Newbridge.

This is the merge part here. You go under the M7 and then up onto the merge with it.

1 person has thanked this post
castletownman Registered User
#158

Patww79 said:
Like hearing from Carlow towards Dublin? Yeah the M9 ends and the only way to go is merge onto the northbound M7. You can't go southbound on the M7 (towards Limerick) from the M9 north, to do that you'd need to go off at Kilcullen and head for Newbridge.

This is the merge part here. You go under the M7 and then up onto the merge with it.



That's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation

_Kaiser_ Registered User
#159

What was the reasoning behind that does anyone know? It's the same with the M8/M7 merge.

Patww79 Registered User
#160

_Kaiser_ said:
What was the reasoning behind that does anyone know? It's the same with the M8/M7 merge.


I think I read before that the M8 was meant to have one originally, which is why the first junction heading south (Manor Stone) is number 3 and not 2.

1 person has thanked this post
Infini Registered User
#161

_Kaiser_ said:
Trying to do 60 on this stretch (off-peak anyway) is more dangerous IMO - you are constantly watching traffic behind you up your ass and flying past you at dangerous speeds (given that the road surface is shyte between J9 and J10 outbound)

I was doing around 65-75 tonight SLOWLY overtaking some trucks and I still had a bell-end in a Range Rover flashing and putting on his indicator trying to get me to move


I rarely drive this section myself but this is a problem I find on the M50 regularly I usually do a little over the limit on that and regularly have beamers and bmws tailgating me. Happened when I drove that section of the M7 a while ago its a really unconfortable limit to be imposing on that section when no workers are actually there.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!