trellheim Registered User

Speed limits 60 kph you try and do that you get beeped out of it .

Garda twitter shows them pulling people ffs . I looked at a map and its 5 minutes of peoples time to drive at the limit

Am I crazy does it really need permanent policing presence

Jamie2k9 Registered User

Should of went for 80.

2 people have thanked this post
TooObvious Registered User

That's the arrogance of some people unfortunately, it usually takes something very serious to happen to change their mindset. If they continue to drive like that on said stretch of road they will end up killing someone, lots of people working on that road so it's very dangerous for them with speeding cars inches away.

The speed limit @ 60kmph is appropriate, 80kmph too fast.

16 people have thanked this post
audiavantawx Registered User

Do the 60
I was the other day and getting overtaking by coaches and all
Its your licence,it costs enough to keep a car on the road

its a dangerous road at the best of times and bad drivers

13 people have thanked this post
Patww79 Registered User

This post has been deleted.

7 people have thanked this post
Chris_5339762 Registered User

I did 60kmh the other day both ways, once at 7am and the next at 12 midnight.

It was terrifying. Cars not seeing me pottering at 60kmh and jamming on the brakes at the last minutes. Trucks up my bumper.

Average speed cameras are badly needed.

8 people have thanked this post
McCrack Registered User

I set cruise to 80/85

No issues whatsoever

3 people have thanked this post
CeilingFly Registered User

Garda twitter certainly does show people being stopped - but at 140kmh, 146kmh and 130kmh but that was on N7 before the works area.

A "reasonable" speed for conditions and works at the time you are driving is unlikely to have you stopped.

80-90kmh imo is reasonable

I think an 80kmh monitored by average speed cameras would have been a better restriction.

iwillhtfu Registered User

I've no issues with those doing 60 it's the ones that religiously do 10-20 under the posted speed limit that drive me nuts particularly on that stretch. you can almost hear them saying it's not a target.

If anything in the evenings it seems to be making the traffic flow smooth out as it goes from N7 to M7

4 people have thanked this post
Muahahaha Registered User

CeilingFly said:

A "reasonable" speed for conditions and works at the time you are driving is unlikely to have you stopped.

80-90kmh imo is reasonable

I think an 80kmh monitored by average speed cameras would have been a better restriction.

If you hit a road worker at 60kph he has at least some chance of not being killed.

If you hit him at the 80-90kph that you call "reasonable" then you will most certainly kill him.

Stop being so selfish.

18 people have thanked this post

Muahahaha said:
If you hit a road worker at 60kph he has at least some chance of not being killed.

If you hit him at the 80-90kph that you call "reasonable" then you will most certainly kill him.

Stop being so selfish.

Have you seen the crash Barriers?

Stop being such a sensationalist hysterical jobsworth

27 people have thanked this post
Maryanne84 Registered User

Did they not notice the average speed signs? They’ll get a shock in a few weeks when the f8nes and points notifications come through the door.

iwillhtfu Registered User

Maryanne84 said:
Did they not notice the average speed signs? They’ll get a shock in a few weeks when the f8nes and points notifications come through the door.

They wont there are no average speed cameras up there. They should be but none yet

2 people have thanked this post

Maryanne84 said:

Thry must have gone up in the last two hours, cos there were no av speed signs at 6pm when I was dropping something to cirywest and none on the way back at 7pm either.

Keep to a reasonable and safe speed for the conditions at the time you are driving and you'll be fine.

Chris_5339762 Registered User

Yeah sure, until you're at the head of the queue doing say 75kmh and you hit a speed trap. Then no "safe speed for conditions" defence will work. You'll be getting the points and the wrist slap.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!