Cigarette filters. Yeah, that'll stop the cancer.

Headphones that cost less then a tenner. Music will be inaudible on the street and either one of 2 things is guaranteed to happen: one earbud completely dies or the wire near the plug makes a crackly sound when it is moved. Usually after about a week of use.

The corner on a packet of ham that says 'open here', you pull it and all that happens is the little corner bit rips off and the packet still ain't open. And they say resealable sometimes but never are.

The worst though is the ding! sound a non digital microwave timer makes when it finishes cooking. Why do we need this to happen when the timer gets to zero, the frigging thing shuts off at that point anyway so there's no danger of overcooking, and I don't think I've ever been more than a meter or so away anytime I'm nuking something, it's not like I'm gonna forget about it and it will get cold, and even if it did, the whole point of the thing is it can heat stuff back up quickly. I doubt most people even cook things to exact time increments. Plus I don't need an alarm to notify everyone in the house that I'm stuffing my fat face at 2 am.

38 people have thanked this post
fonecrusher1 Registered User

Dublin

Beanntraigheach Registered User

Penicillin

muppetshow1451 Registered User

European union

1 person has thanked this post
the_pen_turner Registered User

I have to agree with 92 . it has to be resalable packets. a right pain to open sometimes and then zero ability to reseal. how does it get past the design stage. completely useless

LarryGraham Registered User

Neoliberalism. Third/fourth (not sure what ordinal number it's on now) feminism.

1 person has thanked this post
Nekarsulm Registered User

92, microwaves go "ding" because they are often out in the utility room (in case they give you cancer!),
And the most useless packaging has to be the type of plastic that dry pasta comes in.
No matter how you open the bag, it tears down the side spilling penne everywhere.

23 people have thanked this post
Stonedpilot Registered User

James Bond Junior said:
Enda Kenny. The Catholic church. Donald Trump. Pro lifers. Any other edgy things I can suggest?

A edgy suggestion.

Pro (abortion) death before birthers?.

SlowBlowin Registered User

The wife's navigation/map reading skills

LarryGraham said:
Neoliberalism. Third/fourth (not sure what ordinal number it's on now) feminism.

They're not as bad as people who have to ruin fun threads with political vomit that is a million miles away from the spirit of the thread. Talk about useless.

16 people have thanked this post

Nekarsulm said:
92, microwaves go "ding" because they are often out in the utility room (in case they give you cancer!),
And the most useless packaging has to be the type of plastic that dry pasta comes in.
No matter how you open the bag, it tears down the side spilling penne everywhere.

Sorry but I'd say 90% of all Irish households have the microwave in the kitchen and most don't even have a utility room. And any radiation from a microwave is so miniscule it's been largely accepted there is no danger at all to be near it when operating.

We do not need the ding. End of.

NinetyTwoTeam said:
Sorry but I'd say 90% of all Irish households have the microwave in the kitchen and most don't even have a utility room. And any radiation from a microwave is so miniscule it's been largely accepted there is no danger at all to be near it when operating.

We do not need the ding. End of.

Popcorn

muppetshow1451 said:
Popcorn

No way, for popcorn you have to stand at the ready to switch the thing off as soon as the popping slows down. Otherwise you get burnt popcorn which is like the blue waffle of foods.

10 people have thanked this post

NinetyTwoTeam said:
No way, for popcorn you have to stand at the ready to switch the thing off as soon as the popping slows down. Otherwise you get burnt popcorn which is like the blue waffle of foods.

its all about timing and years of experience

2 people have thanked this post
Donald Trump Registered User

Jim Bob Scratcher said:
Donald Trump

Fuck you too

13 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!