AlekSmart Registered User

BonnieSituation said:
That would be bordering on insane.

Panic ye not The 39A/145 alignment is mooted for the NIGHT services proposed by the NTA,which allows for a 30/60 min service from 0000-0500,operating 7 days per week between Ongar and Bray.

5 people have thanked this post
AlekSmart Registered User

Stevek101 said:
BusConnects report was never due before Q1 2018. It'll be put out to the public early March.

This may be worth tuning into in early Feb https://www.engineersireland.ie/groups/divisions/energy-environment/events/irish-public-transport-policy-and-the-busconnects.aspx

Also a fairly substantial increase to 140 just announced today. Including Sunday times. http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/140-1/

Jarrett Walker's proposals will certainly turn current Bus Network thinking largely on it's head,and that's no bad thing.
However,I note the caveats which accompany his own account...

http://humantransit.org/dublin-area-bus-network-redesign-background

...namely,
A parallel project is working on this issue.

I fear that the ubiquitous Irish disease of,exactly how "parallel" these projects actually are,may yet prove to be the undoing of jarrett's good work.

With €750,000,000 having been allocated in Budget 2018 for Busconnects,it is to be hoped that we won't fritter it away on pointless revisions,expert group reports and suchlike.

dfx- Moderator

devnull said:
I would not expect that these vehicles are only doing one half lap of the route, it has been previously earmarked that some of the fleet expansion would be used to make the services more reliable by using more buses to operate timetables through increased running times to prevent laps being dropped due to late running and buses not completing the full routes leading to gaps in service. This will also help deal with capacity issues.

In that case has anyone identified the additional departures from the new timetable in the other direction?

Really they should advertise all the added departures in both directions.

Stephen15 Registered User

AlekSmart said:
Panic ye not The 39A/145 alignment is mooted for the NIGHT services proposed by the NTA,which allows for a 30/60 min service from 0000-0500,operating 7 days per week between Ongar and Bray.

Just looking at that link you shared it also seems to suggest a return of the 10 between Belfield and The Phoenix Park as there is a dark blue line represting a link between the Stillorgan Rd. Corridor and the Blanchardstown Corridor and a thinner light blue representing a link between UCD and The Phoenix Pk. but only as far as UCD and not DL as is the case with the 46a. Interesting times Ahead!

thomasj Registered User

noelfirl said:
If I'm reading that one correctly, they're removing the 0825 departure from Palmerstown (cut short to start from the West County Hotel further down the line).

Considering the function of that route is to "mop up" for the other busier outer suburban services using the N4, it seems a bit ridiculous to remove that departure from Palmerstown - at one of the key times when that end of the route merits the extra support.

I see that they've corrected the timetable now.

So there is now the normal 08.25 departure and an 08.25 departure from the west county hotel to bachelors walk during term-time

2 people have thanked this post
trellheim Registered User

We will start seeing the LUAS effect soon I suppose.

Will DB be doing the same thing as happened with the Green line as a lot of buses reduced in frequency when that happened along the LUAS core if I recall ( or am I wrong )

39 through stoneybatter both directions very busy nearly all the time. Yes its the local route but the 46a is closer and the frequency is just right on that route so I think we need to see a higher freq

1 person has thanked this post
BonnieSituation Registered User

How do you mean the 46A is closer? As a former resident of Stoneybatter, there was never a hope in hell of me walking up to the NCR for a bus to go through Phib and all around the houses to get down the hell of OCS and on to my destination which incidentally used to be Dún Laoghaire!

39/37 to Bachelors Walk, DART from Tara was how it used to be

trellheim Registered User

IF you're at the very top - Prussia St vicinity or thereabouts its 39/39a or 70 or 46a

BonnieSituation Registered User

trellheim said:
IF you're at the very top - Prussia St vicinity or thereabouts its 39/39a or 70 or 46a

Oh aye I know. But there's a lot more to the Batter than Prussia St.

Also the gap between the stops at the NCR and Kirwan St is madness. Though street topography is the cause.

ArmaniJeanss Registered User

BonnieSituation said:
Oh aye I know. But there's a lot more to the Batter than Prussia St.

Also the gap between the stops at the NCR and Kirwan St is madness. Though street topography is the cause.

I think there used to be another stop each direction, for westbound there was one at the now closed shop at St Josephs Rd, and towards An Lar there was one in the vicinity of Kavanaghs/Manor Chipper just as the road got wider.

thomasj Registered User

So, are the additional services running this week?

thomasj Registered User

9.45pm at night and a queue of people at the bus stop on wood quay and 39as flying past full (VTs)

Phil.x Registered User

thomasj said:
9.45pm at night and a queue of people at the bus stop on wood quay and 39as flying past full (VTs)

Time for a car.

thomasj Registered User

Phil.x
Time for a car.

Im getting more and more tempted to start driving

Phil.x Registered User

thomasj said:
Im getting more and more tempted to start driving

As you know, the traffic on the n3, navan road in rush-hour and now the quays are dreadful, beyond dreadful. So unless you can start early and finish early or vice versa you will quickly go grey, cry or want to move house.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!