gozunda Registered User

I am surprised that high winds havnt been included in the ME yellow rainfall warning for today.

Some serious gusts and strong winds here since about 9.00 am - just waiting for the rain to hit shortly

Soccarboy11 Registered User

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford and Wicklow
25 – 40 mm of rain in the 24 hour period from 6 pm on Friday to 6 pm on Saturday, with flooding in places. Higher amounts likely in the Wicklow Mountains.

Issued:Friday 12 January 2018 11:00
Valid:Friday 12 January 2018 18:00 to Saturday 13 January 2018 18:00

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford
UPDATE TO PREVIOUS WARNING

25 – 40 mm of rain in the 24 hour period from noon on Friday to noon on Saturday with flooding in places. Higher amounts possible on some mountains.

Valid:Friday 12 January 2018 12:00 to Saturday 13 January 2018 12:00

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Cork and Kerry
UPDATE TO PREVIOUS WARNING

30 – 50 mm rainfall in the 24 hour period from 1100 on Friday 12th to 1100 on Saturday 13th January. Heaviest rainfall between noon and midnight today. Risk of flooding, with highest risk in south and west Cork as well as south and west Kerry.

Valid:Friday 12 January 2018 11:00 to Saturday 13 January 2018 11:00

Just thought I'd put the current warnings in here! . Waiting for the rain here in cork

2 people have thanked this post
squarecircles Registered User

Some strong gusts starting to blow here in west Mayo from an unusual south easterly direction.

Raining here now in cork City

gozunda Registered User

squarecircles said:
Some strong gusts starting to blow here in west Mayo from an unusual south easterly direction.

Watched a high sided lorry getting hit by a very strong gust this morning - don't think the driver was expecting it. Strong winds since this morning and still gusting ....

130 m asl
North Cork/ Limerick Tipperary border

No rainfall atm

leahyl Registered User

Pouring in Cork City, absolutely miserable, and windy too

1 person has thanked this post
squarecircles Registered User

Yellow alert wind conditions here in west Mayo,at the very least.

tayto lover Registered User

gozunda said:
I am surprised that high winds havnt been included in the ME yellow rainfall warning for today.

Some serious gusts and strong winds here since about 9.00 am - just waiting for the rain to hit shortly

You didn't say where you were OP.

gozunda Registered User

tayto lover said:
You didn't say where you were OP.

Sorry ...

130 m asl
North Cork/ Limerick Tipperary Border

Rain has arrived - remains very windy with strong gusts

Villain Registered User

Will be a grand soft night, another problem from this rainfall could be that it will still be lying around Saturday night when surface temps could drop below freezing making for an icy time.

Meteorite58 Moderator

After drops in the blustery wind for much of the morning getting very dark in Tralee and pouring now .

Oscar Bravo Registered User

Rain now reaching the east coast. Heaviest in the SW where up to 20mm has already fallen.

2 people have thanked this post
Freddie Mercurys Bolero Registered User

Wind sounds ferocious in Sligo town at the moment, maybe because it's not from the usual direction but definitely sounds like more than 80kph.

3 people have thanked this post
Mooooo Registered User

Can confirm it's a bit wet,

Attachments
20180112_173737.jpg
3 people have thanked this post

Lashing here in Cork City, pretty windy too. Been raining non stop since around 12ish

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!