Realt Dearg Sec Registered User

chrissb8 said:
There are shades of grey that Americans don't appreciate.

irony, noun.

3 people have thanked this post
Rory28 Registered User

It all goes back to rules 1 and 2

1. Be attractive

2. Don't not be attractive

Pretty simple stuff guys

1 person has thanked this post
Hector Savage Registered User

riffmongous said:
Hmm, she was also defending that rapist Polanski a few months ago..

Yep, just like Meryl Streep ... but eh .. Meryl Streep is a "progressive liberal" that is behind the #MeToo movement - also she got into hysterics over Trump so she must be ok right ?

riffmongous Moderator

Hector Savage said:
Yep, just like Meryl Streep ... but eh .. Meryl Streep is a "progressive liberal" that is behind the #MeToo movement - also she got into hysterics over Trump so she must be ok right ?

See post number 8.

And sorry but it's starting to smack a bit of whataboutery, Streep is an idiot but she's not the subject of the thread is she

Akrasia Registered User

Wombatman said:
More than 100 prominent French women from all walks of life caused a major stir this week after publishing an editorial in Le Monde, France’s newspaper of record, arguing that the recent backlash against sexual harassment had become a “witch hunt.” The signers included the 14-time Caesar Award nominee Catherine Deneuve, as well as Catherine Robbe-Grillet, a comedian that Vanity Fair once dubbed the country’s most famous dominatrix.

“Men have been punished… when all they did was touch someone’s knee or try to steal a kiss,” the women write. “The haste to send the ‘pigs’ to the abattoir, far from liberating women, in reality serves the interests of the enemies of sexual liberty, the religious extremists, the worst reactionaries.” (The French equivalent of #MeToo is #BalanceTonPorc, or “squeal on your pig.”

Anyone who has ever watched James Bond movies without being outraged is a hypocrite if they get outraged by this

twowheelsonly Registered User

Lollipops23 said:
Thing is, random men putting their hands on me without my say so does make me really feckin uncomfortable. It's not the same as rape or sexual assault, but it doesn't mean it's ok. No woman should have to put up with an overly touchy boss or men in bars. If this mass hysteria means it doesn't go on as much in the future, so be it.

It really does depend on the nature of 'putting their hands on' you though. A lot of people are quite tactile and will touch others or reach out to others as they're speaking / having drinks / having a laugh etc. Men do it with other men all the time and women do so with women. Somehow though, when men do it to women it becomes a big no-no. IMO a lot of women read far too much into what can often be just friendly gestures.

4 people have thanked this post
Feisar Registered User

As a young lad that used to collect glasses in a nightclub I lost count of the amount of times females grabbed me by the crotch so I suppose #metoo

7 people have thanked this post
professore Registered User

Lollipops23 said:
Thing is, random men putting their hands on me without my say so does make me really feckin uncomfortable. It's not the same as rape or sexual assault, but it doesn't mean it's ok. No woman should have to put up with an overly touchy boss or men in bars. If this mass hysteria means it doesn't go on as much in the future, so be it.

There seems to be this implication that most men are ok with these dick bosses and guys. We never were and still aren't. Women have kept this a closely guarded secret from men to such an extent that I had to flat out ask my daughter and wife about it to find out anything. From that perspective and for awareness of how common sexual assault is #MeToo was really positive.

The point is that no women will have to put up with an overly touchy male boss or male boss of any sort because he won't hire any women for fear of sexual harassment accusations. Also it's been hijacked by hypocrites within Hollywood - case in point Oprah, Harvey Weinstein's best friend until recently - for political reasons. Nothing brave about that.

twowheelsonly said:
Lollipops23 said:

It really does depend on the nature of 'putting their hands on' you though. A lot of people are quite tactile and will touch others or reach out to others as they're speaking / having drinks / having a laugh etc. Men do it with other men all the time and women do so with women. Somehow though, when men do it to women it becomes a big no-no. IMO a lot of women read far too much into what can often be just friendly gestures.

Women are WAY more touchy feely than men are. I've been touched on the arm, hugged or snuggled up to more times than I can count by women without once agreeing to it. Sometimes I felt uncomfortable. Is that harassment? According to some, yes. I'm not bothered by it as I know the women in question and they are otherwise fine. If I was a woman and saw a payoff or a way to get rid of a boss that stood in the way of my promotion ... Well then all bets are off.

5 people have thanked this post
GingerLily Registered User

Feisar said:
As a young lad that used to collect glasses in a nightclub I lost count of the amount of times females grabbed me by the crotch so I suppose #metoo

That sounds horrible, sorry to hear that

2 people have thanked this post

B.A._Baracus said:
Lollipops23 said:

Out of curiosity how many men over here have done it?

I've never done it as I was raised in the era of the firm handshake. Unless you count ""shifting" as I never actually asked when going in for a the kiss. Of course if she pulled away I didn't insist. Lately I would hug certain close female friends.

wench Registered User

twowheelsonly said:

Having someone you just met start pawing at your breasts or trying to lob the gob isn't a friendly gesture.

klaz Registered User

professore said:
I've never done it as I was raised in the era of the firm handshake. Unless you count ""shifting" as I never actually asked when going in for a the kiss. Of course if she pulled away I didn't insist. Lately I would hug certain close female friends.

Ditto. I'm generally "shy" about touching other people. I will test the "waters" by touching the elbow, wrist, etc on a date or if there's an indication of intimacy. I always felt that touching the "soft" areas was intrusive. A kiss is easily discovered by leaning in and hovering... if she's interested she'll lean in the remainder, otherwise pull back.

But yes, women tend to be more open about touching a man pretty much anywhere without it suggesting an interest... And yet, never wonder why guys get the wrong signals from that touching.

klaz Registered User

wench said:
Having someone you just met start pawing at your breasts or trying to lob the gob isn't a friendly gesture.

Definitely, Agree... but how often does that actually happen?

I'm curious... where were you when this happened?

wench Registered User

klaz said:
Definitely, Agree... but how often does that actually happen?

I'm curious... where were you when this happened?

More often than you'd think! Usually in broad daylight sitting reading a book in a park.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!