Timistry Registered User

Saw them for the first time tonight, appalling......

3 people have thanked this post
Oneiric 3 Registered User

Seen the forecast on the website and have to say, I don't mind the new look at all. Not ideal for sure, but still preferable to the old style.

squarecircles Registered User

Gaoth Laidir said:
These first two seem fine to me, at least on the Player.

However, this one's bad. I never understood the difference between rain, hail, sleet and snow icons on Met Éireann's forecasts, on both TV and their website.

The temperature map on television screen has no contrast like on the website.

Daz9718 Registered User

The new symbols are horrible , thought where supposed to be moving on with technology not go the other way 🙄🙄🙄

Edward M Registered User

Oneiric 3 said:
Seen the forecast on the website and have to say, I don't mind the new look at all. Not ideal for sure, but still preferable to the old style.

Yeah, I thought it was fine online and on TV too.
But that red outfit?

Pangea Registered User

I'm not a fan of the general map with a cloud with three bits of rain coming out of it. It looks childish and lazy. Although I believe this was on the last graphics too. Other than that I can't say anything bad about new graphics.

Accumulator Registered User

The internet him/herself has spoken, and decided the white on yellow is a AA/AAA fail with a ratio of just 1:1.8.
Let's hope the weather warms up, as can't be doing with all this squinty eye - particularly for these skinny single digit temperatures.

sdanseo Registered User

Saw the rainfall radar tonight for the first time. Looks to have been upgraded. Also the topography map is a bit better if I'm not mistaken?

An improvement overall, they just need to work on a few icons which look like a 2 year old drew them with a box of crayons. But then so did the beeb's ones back in the day.

Their studio (not sure if it's in RTÉ or Glasnevin) also needs an upgrade to HD. Noticeable drop in quality and blurring during the weather.

Oneiric 3 Registered User

sdanseo said:
Saw the rainfall radar tonight for the first time. Looks to have been upgraded. Also the topography map is a bit better if I'm not mistaken?

An improvement overall, they just need to work on a few icons which look like a 2 year old drew them with a box of crayons. But then so did the beeb's ones back in the day.

Their studio (not sure if it's in RTÉ or Glasnevin) also needs an upgrade to HD. Noticeable drop in quality and blurring during the weather.

The BBC ones were simple (though how complex did they need to be?) but also very readable. Classic icons in my opinion.

1 person has thanked this post
sdanseo Registered User

Oneiric 3 said:
The BBC ones were simple (though how complex did they need to be?) but also very readable. Classic icons in my opinion.

Oh I agree. I even had this when I was a kid, a plastic poster of the UK&I with stickers of those same icons you could put on

4 people have thanked this post
Harry Palmr Registered User

Where has the forecaster gone?

2 people have thanked this post
Storm 10 Registered User

Harry Palmr said:

Wtf was that about

caviardreams Registered User

Harry Palmr said:

I hope this is not the new norm, and they were just having technical difficulties or Siobhan forgot her outfit!

mcw100 Registered User

No weather forecaster after six o'clock news, just voice over..

Water John Registered User

Whatever the hiccup was, we still got the weather.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!