squarecircles Registered User

In a word, atrocious.

14 people have thanked this post
pad199207 Registered User

Looks like they got the cloud and rain symbols from the 90’s

5 people have thanked this post
snowstorm445 Registered User

Maybe it was just my tv but I could barely read the temperature icons. The colour scheme didn’t really work.

4 people have thanked this post
squarecircles Registered User

snowstorm445 said:
Maybe it was just my tv but I could barely read the temperature icons. The colour scheme didn’t really work.

Yep the lack of contrast left me squinting,weather symbols are now flat as opposed to 3 dimensional,circa 1987.

I was also wondering why there were small yellow eggs on the map,that must be the sun symbol.

I watched the European forecast earlier and it looked like a dog's dinner,couldn't make out the temperatures and really faint little weather icons.Its a disgrace.

3 people have thanked this post
Rock Lesnar Registered User

The 80's called, and they want there graphics back

7 people have thanked this post
JanuarySnowstor Registered User

Very poor
It's like back to the future only worse

1 person has thanked this post
Comhra Registered User

They must be some sort of trial or experiment. They're surely not leaving them like that, are they?

2 people have thanked this post
Wanderer78 Registered User

not very impressed

Gonzo Moderator

they look a bit unfinished alright. Nothing will ever beat the classic BBC Forecast symbols used in the 80s and 90s.

8 people have thanked this post
Storm 10 Registered User

Just seen it now and thought I was gone back to the old days, they look absolutely terrible who in God's name approved them, there like something a child would do, certainly not what you would expect from our weather service

pad199207 Registered User

Comhra said:
They must be some sort of trial or experiment. They're surely not leaving them like that, are they?

Unfortunately not a trial, they are the new graphics. They are RTE graphics though not Met Eireanns.

kod87 Registered User

well i haven't watched the rte news or weather in over ten years now so I went on the rte player to see what the graphics were like. Look fine to me tbh, not that different to how I remember them, certainly not awful anyway. Only issue is I have is that it's hard to see the numbers clearly

Accumulator Registered User

Is this them (below)? They're just below average, but not the worst in the world.
The final screen has several issues, font size and lack of any contrast = squinty eyes.
The '7' looks like '?' suggesting 'who knows'.

4 people have thanked this post
Calibos Registered User

Rock Lesnar said:
The 80's called, and they want there graphics back

Graphics from the 80's??

I remember 80's weather forecasts like this

https://youtu.be/JvX-jOlIFds?t=1m30s

2 people have thanked this post
AllForIt Registered User

Calibos said:
Graphics from the 80's??

I remember 80's weather forecasts like this