Creamy Goodness Registered User

Soarer said:

Is it not easier to just buy a TV with a centre stand than having to buy an aftermarket one?

Anyways hugely off-topic.

dodzy Registered User

Soarer said:

That’s grand, but where do you put the.....
Sky box
Nvidia shield
Internet hub
Remote controls
Ps4
Etc, etc, etc......

cletus Registered User

That looks like its meant to sit on top of your current TV unit

Dr Bolouswki Registered User

Ahh heor - would yis ever wallmount on a swivelly yoke and be done with it!

Soarer Registered User

Creamy Goodness said:
Is it not easier to just buy a TV with a centre stand than having to buy an aftermarket one?

Anyways hugely off-topic.

You'd think. But people are put off by the wide legs.

dodzy said:
That’s grand, but where do you put the.....
Sky box
Nvidia shield
Internet hub
Remote controls
Ps4
Etc, etc, etc......

cletus said:
That looks like its meant to sit on top of your current TV unit

cletus is correct.

It's basically a replacement for the wide legs. It's not a full tv stand.

James Delaney Registered User

bazz26 said:
Seems a no brainer to buy the one with the 6 year warranty then.

Stg 549 in Richer Sounds.
Join as a vip member & its stg £539

dodzy Registered User

Soarer said:

cletus is correct.

It's basically a replacement for the wide legs. It's not a full tv stand.

I'm afraid not, this is a TV stand, height adjustable, and intended to rest on the floor; it'd look ridiculous sitting on top of an existing stand/table.

Cyrus Registered User

dodzy said:
I'm afraid not, this is a TV stand, height adjustable, and intended to rest on the floor; it'd look ridiculous sitting on top of an existing stand/table.

there must be some serious adjustment on it

and its not, it sits on top of your tv cabinet the same as any other central pedestal

dodzy Registered User

Cyrus said:
there must be some serious adjustment on it

and its not, it sits on top of your tv cabinet the same as any other central pedestal

Sh sorry Cyrus. At a glance I though it was one of these, apologies.

largepants Registered User

I was going to pull the trigger on this TV today but hoping someone might guide me here.

I was also considering

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue55mu6120-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/345835/397.0.1

Obviously one is dearer than the other but other than that which is the better TV?

neacy69 Registered User

largepants said:
I was going to pull the trigger on this TV today but hoping someone might guide me here.

I was also considering

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue55mu6120-55-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/345835/397.0.1

Obviously one is dearer than the other but other than that which is the better TV?

I try to opt for richersounds if you. They have 6 year warranty with the TV's and you'll get the same price as anywhere else. They have both the LG and the Samsung you listed on the site too.

neacy69 said:
I try to opt for richersounds if you. They have 6 year warranty with the TV's and you'll get the same price as anywhere else. They have both the LG and the Samsung you listed on the site too.

Ok thanks for that but I was hoping to get the Samsung for €600. Is there any wriggle room with richersounds?

dodzy Registered User

largepants said:
Ok thanks for that but I was hoping to get the Samsung for €600. Is there any wriggle room with richersounds?

They're very competitive, particularly considering the great warranty. Still, if you don't ask.....

try here

1 person has thanked this post

dodzy said:
They're very competitive, particularly considering the great warranty. Still, if you don't ask.....

try here

Ah great. Didn't know that was there.

Cheers.

banchang Registered User

Samsung TVs have wide legs & they are a pain as you need a much bigger TV stand vs those with a central stand.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!