Kermit.de.frog Registered User

This is within 120 hours so discussion should take place here.

Much colder weather directly from Greenland no less making a rapid entrance Monday - starting mild and wet but temperatures quickly collapsing from the northwest through the day. Showers increasingly of snow in the northwest by evening (accumulations likely here at this stage) extending nationwide with accumulations likely on Monday night and Tuesday. Coming over still relatively warm seas some beefy precipitation is highly likely with thunderstorms possible especially in western and southwestern counties.

Frost and ice inland away from western coastal counties with temperatures at or just below freezing. Snow will readily settle in these conditions.

During daylight temperatures may struggle form 1 to 4c at the very max - where snow lies closer to or at freezing

It should continue cold and wintry thereafter with a cold air mass prevailing and a continued risk of snowfall.

P.S some fronts may come close to southern areas at times which would enhance sleet or snow threat here occasionally.

34 people have thanked this post
booferking Registered User

I'm firmly on the Greenland express can't wait.ðŸ˜

5 people have thanked this post

21 people have thanked this post
JCX BXC Registered User

I'd pour salt over that 120hr snow if I were you Kermit!

See what it's like in 36 hours and I may muster a little more hope.

3 people have thanked this post
DOCARCH Moderator

ME very muted, at this point, for next week:

Cool, windy and showery, with some wintry showers in places.

gerrybhoy Registered User

Kermit,i love all your posts regarding the snow,im like a big kid myself when it comes to the white gold,but dont take this the wrong way...your a bastarding Jonah of late

1 person has thanked this post

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

BTW the forecast in the OP is pretty accurate so take the measures needed depending on your location.

4 people have thanked this post
gerrybhoy Registered User

Kermit.de.frog said:

BTW the forecast in the OP is pretty accurate so take the measures needed depending on your location.
Hows it looking for Dublin im clueless with models lad

Rebelbrowser Registered User

gerrybhoy said:
Hows it looking for Dublin im clueless with models lad

You'll need a bit of luck away from the nw and north midlands I suspect.

Gaoth Laidir Registered User

Kermit.de.frog said:

BTW the forecast in the OP is pretty accurate

I'm not so sure. Countrywide snow? Whatever about the north, there's a huge difference in the south. Time will tell.

Gaoth Laidir said:
I'm not so sure. Countrywide snow? Whatever about the north, there's a huge difference in the south. Time will tell.

Yes, countrywide snow showers, even the south.

Far southeast could remain dry. Sorry guys. But it also may not. Hmmm

booferking Registered User

Snow express in all its glory 6z run.

(Invalid img)

2 people have thanked this post
Villain Registered User

Could be nice for Northwest but in Carlow a Northwesterly never delivers except on higher ground.

Gaoth Laidir Registered User

Kermit.de.frog said:
Yes, countrywide snow showers, even the south.

Far southeast could remain dry. Sorry guys. But it also may not. Hmmm

If you're talking higher ground then maybe, but I'm talking to low levels. Sorry, I can't see any evidence of that on current data.

Rebelbrowser Registered User

Never seen so much pink on a run as the 6z gfs. Some of the more exciting samples below. Still I find it hard to take gfs precipitation charts seriously. If every snow event they forecast for my area at 5 days out actually happened I would see snow 7 times a year. I last saw snow about 3 years ago. anyway, enjoying these for now...

I would add that there are plenty frames in between showing blue so I think even when it does snow it may get washed away a few hours later. still I'd expect decent lying snow north of a line from Galway to Belfast. Not hopeful for down here. Fleeting snow at best I suspect and similar prospects for Dublin. Down here we will certainly get the precipitation but sleety rain the most likely outcome. Dublin better for snow but may not get the precipitation.

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!