RustyNut Registered User

Weren’t average speed cameras tested during a temporary 60k zone during roadworks on m7 around Newbridge, Kildare last year. I don’t think they were used for prosecutions but they should be for road works.

sdanseo Registered User

Zoney said:
Limerick tunnel has the pop-up Garda behind the sign for the Clonmacken exit, just as you come out of the North side of the tunnel. Haven't encountered it myself but apparently can only be spotted last minute so I certainly make sure not to increase speed until I'm actually at the 100km/h limit signs just past that.

I find it odd that the Limerick tunnel has a dashed line for the lanes, i.e. lane changes are permitted in the tunnel. Doesn't seem a great idea.

Longer tunnel, and straighter. DPT allows overtaking also, although of course it's considerably longer again.

RustyNut said:
Weren’t average speed cameras tested during a temporary 60k zone during roadworks on m7 around Newbridge, Kildare last year. I don’t think they were used for prosecutions but they should be for road works.

Heard stories of that but no actual accounts of anyone being caught. Drove through it once at the time and didn't see any sign of actual cameras.

This time around I'm driving it every day and the 60km/h limit is there but so far not being enforced at all.

Chris_5339762 Registered User

Patww79 said:
Different state, laws, and police force.

You're probably thinking of coming out of Newry on the old A1 towards Belfast if you're throwing Northern Ireland in. Only ones I ever remember seeing anyway.

Theres permanant ones on the route between Holywood and Bangor. 50mph zone and funny enough its mostly too twisty and has loads of traffic lights so they're kinda wasted.

1 person has thanked this post
Patww79 Registered User

Chris_5339762 said:
Theres permanant ones on the route between Holywood and Bangor. 50mph zone and funny enough its mostly too twisty and has loads of traffic lights so they're kinda wasted.

Yeah I recall those now that you mention it.

Mint Sauce Registered User

Odyssey 2005 said:
Sure ya could nearly throw a stone from one end of that to the other !

Can you nearly see light from the other side as soon as you enter? That makes it an underpass!

But in answer to your question OP, its only the Port Tunnel that has them cameras.

Truckermal Registered User

I was going through the JLT one morning last week at about 7.15 am so just getting busy. I was side by side with another truck and some loon on a motorbike flew down between us flat out!

I wish they could fine the dopes chopping and changing lanes in the Tunnel when they know they are in the wrong lane....

Markcheese Registered User

I'd be keener on a lane change camera in the JLT,

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!