soups05 Registered User

Following a link on here earlier to a Dublin radio station and I went browsing through some of the other links. I came across the stupidest woman in Ireland.

Basically she says rather than walk home for ten mins she would drive her car for 3 mins after 4 or 5 drinks. She goes on to admit that when she felt unfit to drive she drove slower. She spends the whole interview defending herself and acting like she knows better than anyone else. Sheer bloody mindedness.

Then she takes a pop at people on bikes and people who drive on medication. Pure comedy gold except we share the road with her.

So, good people of AH, would you agree with her and take a chance or just leave the car at home.

http://www.98fm.com/podcasts/Dublin_Talks/98FMs_Dublin_Talks/64052/Ballymun_Woman_Admits_Shocking_Reason_She_Drink_Drives

For me, I had to do my test twice cos I messed up with the 1st through nerves. So I swore I would never risk my hard won licence for the sake of a pint.

1 person has thanked this post
Solomon Pleasant Registered User

Absolutely not.

Anyone who would is an idiot. It’s simply not worth the risk.

14 people have thanked this post
soups05 Registered User

The attitude of this woman is pure shocking, its hard to believe anyone can be that thick

Beasty Administrator

I refer you to the answer I gave just over 8 years ago

(that was one of my earliest post in AH!)

11 people have thanked this post

No, I wouldn't. Not worth the risk, even if I only had one.

For Forks Sake Registered User

"Callers" to those shows are all plants told to be as controversial as possible.

46 people have thanked this post
AllForIt Registered User

Beasty said:
I refer you to the answer I gave just over 8 years ago

(that was one of my earliest post in AH!)

Wow. Do you remember all of your Twenty Eight Thousand Five Hundred and Fourteen posts? : )

5 people have thanked this post
corner of hells Registered User

Would I drink drive ?
Nope , I've one dead in my family , he was the drink driving.
I've another who should've went to prison for mowing down someone while drunk driving.
And finally another who got himself , I think , a twenty year ban for drink driving.
Three geebags.

29 people have thanked this post
soups05 Registered User

For Forks Sake said:
"Callers" to those shows are all plants told to be as controversial as possible.

I was actually on a certain show, years ago, talking to a nice lad named Joe and I can assure you I was not a plant, got no instructions before it went on air, but it was a hellva laugh. I wish I could get a copy but it was 05 i think so too far back.

Beasty Administrator

AllForIt said:
Wow. Do you remember all of your Twenty Eight Thousand Five Hundred and Fourteen posts? : )

Make that "and fifteen...."

4 people have thanked this post
elperello Registered User

No definitely not.
Good enough for Jackie Stewart good enough for me.

RhubarbCrumble Registered User

No. Never. Not even after one. I might feel fine but the breathalyzer might think differently. Not worth taking a chance. I'd be lost without my car.

beertons Registered User

Depends on the car I suppose

3 people have thanked this post
Hector Bellend Registered User

s4uv3 Registered User

Absolutely not. It's a barrier I have, no matter how 'brave' I am with drink, I wouldn't risk it. I'd be fcuked without a driving license, and that's only minor compared to the damage I could potentially cause.

Someone said to me about ten years ago that they'd never drive after two or three drinks, but wouldn't trust themselves not to after ten pints. I'm sure that's how a lot of drink driving happens, you have no intention of doing it, then get dutch courage and say "fcuk it, be grand".

2 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!