Bus Eireann Cork are looking to recruit drivers.

details in link attached.

https://twitter.com/CorkSafetyAlert/status/949325872015831040

1 person has thanked this post
roundymac Registered User

Wonder what the T&Cs will be, considering they'v just retired a lot of the older blokes.

roundymac said:
Wonder what the T&Cs will be, considering they'v just retired a lot of the older blokes.

I’m hearing basic wages of €450/€500 s week after tax, over time is extra.

1 person has thanked this post

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back once an online assessment is completed?

whisky_galore Registered User

How I envisage the interview process.

4 people have thanked this post

whisky_galore said:

How I envisage the interview process.

Did you draw that up yourself

Evil-1 Registered User

Might be worth giving HR a ring just to see if your CV was received by them, I dont know what the recruitment situation in Cork is but I know in Dublin Bus Eireann is having difficulty attracting applications as they are no longer seen as a good employer (I am not saying either way what kind of employer they are just what the perception among potential applicants is), I am told that there a a large number of Bus Eireann drivers looking to transfer to Dublin Bus and there is a concern that a big number of Broadstone based drivers may apply to Go Ahead.

Evil-1 said:
Might be worth giving HR a ring just to see if your CV was received by them, I dont know what the recruitment situation in Cork is but I know in Dublin Bus Eireann is having difficulty attracting applications as they are no longer seen as a good employer (I am not saying either way what kind of employer they are just what the perception among potential applicants is), I am told that there a a large number of Bus Eireann drivers looking to transfer to Dublin Bus and there is a concern that a big number of Broadstone based drivers may apply to Go Ahead.

Application has been acknowledged as received, i've had this confirmed in writing.

Didn't realise there was such a move by drivers to leave and they can't get new ones.

Are Go Ahead offering better money?

Evil-1 Registered User

I dont think there is much in it but I would expect Bus Eireann rates to be better, money is not the only issue for many at Braodstone and the fear would be that Go Ahead might be an attractive option for some.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!