Weathercheck Registered User

Very mixed guidance for a potential small low feature to move across Ireland overnight and through tomorrow morning.

Perhaps now a good time to bookend the Storm Eleanor threat and move onto this?

Some guidance outlined below.

EURO4

ICON

HIRLAM

More to follow....

11 people have thanked this post
Oscar Bravo Registered User

STATUS YELLOW

Wind Warning for Munster, Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford and Wicklow

West to Southwest winds veering West to Northwest 55 to 65 km/hr gusts 90 to 110km/hr

Issued:

Wednesday 03 January 2018 12:00

Valid:

Thursday 04 January 2018 03:00 to Thursday 04 January 2018 13:00

Iancar29 Registered User

If the position remains the same there could be issues for Dublin as it coincides with the high tide of 4.5m at 1pm tomorrow.

1 person has thanked this post

ICON a little further north again.

It doesn't appear to be deepening rapidly as it crosses the country but does show steady enough deepening as it exits into the Irish Sea.

ICON winds

3 people have thanked this post
squarecircles Registered User

Evelyn Cusack on Mid west radio news said winds concentrated in the south west quadrant tonight but there was uncertainty over the track,also another small wind event possible tomorrow.

Not to be taken literally as GFS does not have the resolution even at 0.25 degree to display this type of system- but it has moved it north compared to it's previous run.

2 people have thanked this post
pad199207 Registered User

What a volatile period of weather we are in!

2 people have thanked this post

pad199207 said:
What a volatile period of weather we are in!

It's no wonder given the temperatures on the east coast of America,a low of -22 forecast for the Boston area Friday night.

The manky mild old north Atlantic doesn't like this pouring out over it at all,at all.

An elongated- messy looking pressure field on the latest HIRLAM

but then another 'feature' moves in overnight!

3 people have thanked this post
Soccarboy11 Registered User

Weathercheck said:

but then another 'feature' moves in overnight!

the isobars look very tight over the south there, that relates to some pretty strong winds i believe right?

munsterlegend Registered User

The second one Friday morning looks rather severe.

RoisinD Registered User

Not sure about another wind storm. Here in NW Clare the winds have been ever present since yesterday, there seems to be no let up

fraxinus1 Registered User

Very quiet in here.... always a sign that forecasts are gone belly up and people are fed up. I see Met eireann changed their wording in their forecasts this afternoon. Just gales now. I think we have had our weather excitement for now.... the cold spell that was forecasted to begin this weekend has been seriously downgraded to a non event so it’s back to rain and strong breezes for next week.

fraxinus1 said:
Very quiet in here.... always a sign that forecasts are gone belly up and people are fed up. I see Met eireann changed their wording in their forecasts this afternoon. Just gales now. I think we have had our weather excitement for now.... the cold spell that was forecasted to begin this weekend has been seriously downgraded to a non event so it’s back to rain and strong breezes for next week.

Cheer up frax,you never know where a surprise storm may pop out of,or an unexpected cold snap,people are just taking a break after all the exciting weather we've been having,I know I am I'm shattered

So chin up

15 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!