GARDAI are investigating a string of stabbing attacks this morning that has left one man dead and two others injured.

The incidents took place in Dundalk, Co Louth. One man has died after he was attacked and stabbed on Avenue Road. He is understood to be of Asian descent. His age is as yet unknown. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.

It is understood that two other men - both understood to be Irish - were subsequently injured in separate attacks.

Gardaí who were called to the scene confronted and disarmed the attacker.

He has been arrested on suspicion of murder and is being detained at Dundalk Garda Station. He can be questioned for up to 24 hours. It is understood that the attacker is originally from Syria.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/one-man-killed-two-others-injured-in-series-of-stabbings-in-louth-36455136.html

Gardai are investigating whether this attack was planned, or was random in nature.

4 people have thanked this post
doylefe Registered User

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0103/930792-dundalk-death/

1 dead, 2 injured, 3 crime scenes, Middle Eastern suspect...

2smiggy Registered User

I thought they are all well qualified doctors etc coming over from Syria ?

60 people have thanked this post
Nesta99 Registered User

It would be best not to simply speculate on motives just yet. Nationality is incidental until more is known.

16 people have thanked this post
moonlighting_1 Registered User

it was only a matter of time before this happened.

46 people have thanked this post
Red_Wake Registered User

Pretty sure the attacker was just after leaving the cinema before he started his rampage.

bear1 Registered User

2smiggy said:

Before this descends into a muslim bashing thread, I see no relevance to your sarcastic post regarding the immigrants that have/are coming over.
It is understood he is from Syria but not confirmed.
And even if it is confirmed he is from Syria then what difference does it make?
Is it somewhat worse that a Syrian would murder someone than if it were a French/British/Irish national?
Murder is murder regardless of your nationality.

61 people have thanked this post
Nesta99 Registered User

Red_Wake said:
Pretty sure the attacker was just after leaving the cinema before he started his rampage.

At 9am?

2 people have thanked this post
Cina Registered User

2smiggy said:

Someone is murdered and this is your response? Really?

125 people have thanked this post
wakka12 Registered User

I think by now after so many of these type of events turned out to be nothing but coincidence we should know not to speculate or imply anything until further information comes out.

The Backwards Man Registered User

bear1 said:
Before this descends into a muslim bashing thread, I see no relevance to your sarcastic post regarding the immigrants that have/are coming over.
It is understood he is from Syria but not confirmed.
And even if it is confirmed he is from Syria then what difference does it make?
Is it somewhat worse that a Syrian would murder someone than if it were a French/British/Irish national?
Murder is murder regardless of your nationality.

Middle Eastern cowardly murderous bastards are infinitely worse than white European ones.

17 people have thanked this post
Halloween Jack Registered User

2smiggy said:

Anybody using a tragic event, where people have lost their lives, to score cheap political points needs to take a long hard look at themselves...

52 people have thanked this post
electro~bitch Registered User

Well every cloud has a silver lining. Innocent people dead and injured but at least we can make gloaty little posts!

Although I'd imagine some people are still actually rubbing one out in vindictive glee.

30 people have thanked this post
jacksie66 Registered User

Let the SJW's and virtue signallers flow forth...

16 people have thanked this post
The Backwards Man Registered User

Nesta99 said:
At 9am?

They're just struggling to hide their considerable glee at the needless loss of life, pay no notice.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!