Manic Moran Moderator
#1,186

Double post. My iPad really does not get on well with this board.

muppetshow1451 Registered User
#1,187

Manic Moran said:
Double post. My iPad really does not get on well with this board.

Iphone with my sausage fingers doesnt work very well either

Billy86 Registered User
#1,188

muppetshow1451 said:
Like i said,media have changed since Reagan was president, and Trump was doomed from day 1. Didnt have internet and social media back then.
Can you point out where you said that, because I don't think you did? In fact you appear to have been trying to make almost the opposite point by equating Raegan's popularity in his first year to Trump's when you said "If you look at Ronald Reagans first year,he had a tough start as well".

Trump was not doomed from day one, he was in the positive in those FOX polls on day one and since then has slid all the way to -22 even with them, that's his own making.

Bill Clinton also had a bad start,going down in the first year.

At the end of Clinton's first year he was +16, a full 38 points better than Fox have Trump at present. You might be noticing a pattern emerging here.
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=40&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY

Reagan was stronger than trump in the start,but actually lower than Trump is now in the first 2 years at one stage,but it changes quickly,all depending on politics.
Using that same source for both, Raegan never quite hit Trump's depths, but even if we give Trump the handicap of using his popularity rating from Fox, Raegan went below that number (-22) for a total of one week. Raegan's only comparable period of unpopularity to Trump lasted for about 8 weeks. Trump has been down at those levels consistently for 8 months, and only appear to be getting worse.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=45&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=40&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY

http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/compare/2-13-26-134/Barack-Obama-vs-Ronald-Reagan-vs-Bill-Clinton-vs-Donald-Trump
This only covers until October, still shows Trump comfortably behind the other three, and while the only one remotely close (Clinton) skyrocketed immediately after October 1993, Trump's has continued to go down and down. It also lacks detail it as does not track disapproval or net which make things considerably worse for Trump as he is such a polarising presence.

#1,189

Billy86 said:
Can you point out where you said that, because I don't think you did? In fact you appear to have been trying to make almost the opposite point by equating Raegan's popularity in his first year to Trump's when you said "If you look at Ronald Reagans first year,he had a tough start as well".

Trump was not doomed from day one, he was in the positive in those FOX polls on day one and since then has slid all the way to -22 even with them, that's his own making.

At the end of Clinton's first year he was +16, a full 38 points better than Fox have Trump at present. You might be noticing a pattern emerging here.

Using that same source for both, Raegan never quite hit Trump's depths, but even if we give Trump the handicap of using his popularity rating from Fox, Raegan went below that number (-22) for a total of one week. Raegan's only comparable period of unpopularity to Trump lasted for about 8 weeks. Trump has been down at those levels consistently for 8 months, and only appear to be getting worse.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=45&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY

http://us-presidents.insidegov.com/compare/2-13-26-134/Barack-Obama-vs-Ronald-Reagan-vs-Bill-Clinton-vs-Donald-Trump

This only covers until October, still shows Trump comfortably behind the other three, and while the only one remotely close (Clinton) skyrocketed immediately after October 1993, Trump's has continued to go down and down. It also lacks detail it as does not track disapproval or net which make things considerably worse for Trump as he is such a polarising presence.

You can find all the info you want,it doesnt change the fact that all presidents had a bad start and came back stronger at a later stage,its way to early to say anything about Trumps faith in the White House as of yet.
If its +15 or -15 doesnt change a thing.
And you claim Trump wasnt doomed from da 1,who expected him to even win?

Billy86 Registered User
#1,190

muppetshow1451 said:
You can find all the info you want,it doesnt change the fact that all presidents had a bad start and came back stronger at a later stage,its way to early to say
Except that's not what it shows - Clinton and Raegan dipped to Trump's level for about a month, one during a government shutdown and the other during a recession. Both promptly bounced back right after. Trump has been hindered by nothing like that and has been on an consistent slide for nearly his entire presidency, being in extreme negative numbers for over eight months, and it's down to his own incompetency, loud mouth, endless lies and serious levels of dodginess.

The endless attacks and temper tantrums and those who don't like him won't help him either, and is a huge part of this continuing slide of his. I don't see him changing that about himself, do you?

If its +15 or -15 doesnt change a thing.
Yeah, kind of does. Otherwise we wouldn't be so many posts deep into you trying to say other presidents were just as unpopular as Trump has been, which has been disproven.

And you claim Trump wasnt doomed from da 1,lol,who expected him to even win.

Probably the people that voted him in, no? And just because I have a feeling you might say this is due to how split America is and the hyper-partisan divide in recent years, Obama left office with a rating of +22 only this time last year.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=44&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY

#1,191

Billy86 said:
Except that's not what it shows - Clinton and Raegan dipped to Trump's level for about a month, one during a government shutdown and the other during a recession. Both promptly bounced back right after. Trump has been hindered by nothing like that and has been on an consistent slide for nearly his entire presidency, being in extreme negative numbers for over eight months, and it's down to his own incompetency, loud mouth, endless lies and serious levels of dodginess.

The endless attacks and temper tantrums and those who don't like him won't help him either, and is a huge part of this continuing slide of his. I don't see him changing that about himself, do you?

Yeah, kind of does. Otherwise we wouldn't be so many posts deep into you trying to say other presidents were just as unpopular as Trump has been, which has been disproven.

Probably the people that voted him in, no? And just because I have a feeling you might say this is due to how split America is and the hyper-partisan divide in recent years, Obama left office with a rating of +22 only this time last year.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/popularity.php?pres=44&sort=time&direct=DESC&Submit=DISPLAY

It doesnt change a thing,he could make a Nuclear Arms Control Legacy with North korea next month and his popularity will sky rocket,or he could be saying things that doesnt fit the liberal agenda,and he will be bashed in media again and it will go the opposite way.Its to early to say anything as of yet.
And he was doomed from day one,thanks to media.
Media has been constantly digging up any dirt they could find on Trump during the elections and since he arrived in the white house.And since Trump told them about fake news it hasnt stopped since.

Ads by Google Registered User
#1,192

Arghus said:
I don't know how Trump saying sh!thole countries is even newsworthy to be honest: it's exactly the type of dumb ignorance you'd expect from him by now.

Haiti is a shlthole. So is Guatamala. These are statements of fact based on pretty every measurable metric about a country.

I'm sure you can imagine how insane you'd sound if you called me a racist because I just said that.

10 people have thanked this post
vetinari Registered User
#1,193

The racial aspect is that he named black and brown countries / continents that he didn't want more immigrants from.
He named Norway as a country he wanted more immigrants from.
That's pretty clear in terms of white good, black and brown bad.

3 people have thanked this post
Donald Trump Registered User
#1,194

vetinari said:

At last. Someone finally gets it.
You want a job??
Of course you must pass the Daz doorstep challenge first

(And there will also be a Spanish test of course........to prove you can't speak it)

Ads by Google Registered User
#1,195

vetinari said:
The racial aspect is that he named black and brown countries / continents that he didn't want more immigrants from.
He named Norway as a country he wanted more immigrants from.

This is either genius satire or a comical misuse of logic.

1 person has thanked this post
Richard Hillman Registered User
#1,196

"It's the people that make a place"

Relevant for when a place is nice, relevant for when a place is a **** hole

ceadaoin. Registered User
#1,197

Ads by Google said:
Haiti is a shlthole. So is Guatamala. These are statements of fact based on pretty every measurable metric about a country.

I'm sure you can imagine how insane you'd sound if you called me a racist because I just said that.

No, but you aren't the president of the USA.

According to many metrics, America is a ****hole, I'm not sure many Norwegians would want to emigrate from their veritable utopia to live here tbh

tomwaterford Registered User
#1,198

ceadaoin. said:
No, but you aren't the president of the USA.

According to many metrics, America is a ****hole, I'm not sure many Norwegians would want to emigrate from their veritable utopia to live here tbh

I doubt many people would want to leave Europe to go to America nowadays anyway

From talking to Americans, while its not as extreme as the internet would have you believe....it deos seem to be falling back in terms of quality of life

dudara Administrator
#1,199

muppetshow1451 said:

And you claim Trump wasnt doomed from da 1,who expected him to even win?

Trump and his campaign didn’t even expect to win. Hencce why they had done no preparation for transition or governing. He didn’t take the whole thing seriously at all

1 person has thanked this post
Stonedpilot Registered User
#1,200

Billy86 said:
You might not be aware of this... the time of your post comes up directly beside it. Sorry for pointing out that you clearly don't believe what you're writing. I'll single out the sentences though you're already clearly aware:

When it's Trump: No it's obviously not but this sanitized politically correct world hates and derides anyone who speaks their mind.

When Oprah: Oprah is a incredibly rude foolish bint... Countless examples of her being classless but this is just one... She's not fit for the presidency, or anything really for that matter. A simpleton behind it all.

I'm no fan of Oprah whatsoever, but it would appear you've got something against her speaking her mind and not being part of "sanitized politically correct world."

No contradiction
Both are rude simpletons point is generation snowflake launches a crusade when its Trump opening his mouth.

Oprah isn't rude because she speaks her mind nothing of the sort and I did not say that!.
Shes rude because of her incredibly stupid ignorant petulant line of qurstioning. Like the clip I posted. She was incredibly childish and impatient there.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!