cokieran Registered User

Looking for a birth/baptism information on my grandfather who was born June 1871 in Derrytaugh.  I have a picture of a copy of the certificate but I cannot read the exact date or his parents names. Derrytaugh, Lurgan, Armagh is all I know.

spurious Category Moderator

You will need to give a surname at least.

cokieran Registered User

surname is Kearns, Given name is Joseph

1 person has thanked this post
shanew Registered User

is this the birth of your Joseph ?

24th June 1871, Lurgan superintendent's district , registrar's district Lurgan no. 2. place of birth looks like Derrytagh, so probably either Derrytagh North or Derrytagh South townland in Montiaghs civil parish.

Hermy Registered User

On the one Shane linked to the mothers maiden name looks like Heany but I'm not sure about the fathers forename.

Attachments
Kearns.png

24th June 1871, Derrytagh,
Joseph, father William Kearns, mother Mary Anne Kearns, formerly Heany(?), registered by what looks like Helena (?) Kearns on 14th July, 1871.

shanew Registered User

father is William Kearns and mother Mary Anne Heany

cokieran Registered User

Yes that matches the info I was given, just can't figure out the name of the mom ( looks like May Anne Heaney and father William

He was baptised in Seagoe parish on 18th June 1871, so their date of birth may be a bit of a guess.
https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633263#page/12/mode/1up

cokieran Registered User

Thanks, how do you order a copy of this? My cousin has a copy but has not shared details as to how he got it.

You can print it off from that address.

shanew Registered User

a partial transcript is included in the civil birth collection on FamilySearch for Joseph's birth.

The same collection includes several siblings - one as Cairns. See Kearns/Heany births

pinkypinky Moderator

OP - in future, please post handwriting queries in the relevant thread.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!