dodzy Registered User

So folks, got the 16GB from Santa. Really enjoying it so far. Superb build quality, both controllers are excellent. Speech function works very well. Downloaded Mame from the play store & Kodi.

Only scratching the surface at this point I’m sure, so what have you done with yours? Any recommendations ?

doylefe Registered User

Haven't tried this yet but looks like nice integration of IPTV directly into the built in "Live Channels" part of android.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/6rfcoe/how_to_use_tvirl_with_your_provider_iptv_into/

Johnny Dogs Registered User

I have RetroX on mine.

Have been playing games from Amiga classics to game cube.

Just this morning I did a few rounds of wipe out from the play station.

I have also introduced my young lad to the Atari classic centipede

Must have app imo.

1 person has thanked this post
Snake Plisken Registered User

One of the downsides of the Android Tv OS is that most of the apps that you might sideload will not show up on the main page you have to dig down through settings apps to launch but there is an app on the Google play store called TV APP Repo that allows you to create shortcuts on the home screen to these unofficial apps. Try it, it works great.

bazzz Registered User

Snake Plisken said:
One of the downsides of the Android Tv OS is that most of the apps that you might sideload will not show up on the main page you have to dig down through settings apps to launch but there is an app on the Google play store called TV APP Repo that allows you to create shortcuts on the home screen to these unofficial apps. Try it, it works great.

And Sideload Launcher too From The PlayStore.

dodzy Registered User

Rick Shaw said:
I have RetroX on mine.

Have been playing games from Amiga classics to game cube.

Just this morning I did a few rounds of wipe out from the play station.

I have also introduced my young lad to the Atari classic centipede

Must have app imo.

Put mame on mine for 2 of my old favorites, Rygar and Wonderboy. The former is a lot faster than I remember it to be in the arcade, but brilliant nonetheless. Gotta be an age & reflexes thing I guess!

Mine is giving me warnings about being low on space now, and I'm a bit confused about where I'm supposed to get extra storage space - because I've actually very few apps on mine.

Have plex - kodi - Netflix - and RetroX and a screen saver app (aerial dream)

I'm so low on space that I couldn't download fairy small games from the play store last night.

Anyone know a quick and easy way to free up space?

dodzy Registered User

Rick Shaw said:
Mine is giving me warnings about being low on space now, and I'm a bit confused about where I'm supposed to get extra storage space - because I've actually very few apps on mine.

Have plex - kodi - Netflix - and RetroX and a screen saver app (aerial dream)

I'm so low on space that I couldn't download fairy small games from the play store last night.

Anyone know a quick and easy way to free up space?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01BGTG3JA

The high horse brigade Registered User

May not fix the issue if its Plex using the space

The high horse brigade said:
May not fix the issue if its Plex using the space

I'm a subscriber to plex (if that makes sense) ie I'm availing of an iptv server.

So not sure how that affects space on the shield or not?

The high horse brigade Registered User

Rick Shaw said:
I'm a subscriber to plex (if that makes sense) ie I'm availing of an iptv server.

Plex has nothing to do with IPTV. Not sure what you mean

bazzz Registered User

Rick Shaw said:

Check the thumbnail folder in kodi.Not that it always happens,but cached images in the thumbnail folder( in Android>Data>.Kodi>Userdata>Thumbnails ) can grow to huge sizes GB's.
Depending on the content you are using.So if it's large you can delete it and restart Kodi.It'll populate again over time.
Regarding other space usage,you'll have to comb through your setup and see what's eating all the space.....i.e. check retro roms,download folders etc,etc.

BandMember Registered User

bazzz said:
Check the thumbnail folder in kodi.Not that it always happens,but cached images in the thumbnail folder( in Android>Data>.Kodi>Userdata>Thumbnails ) can grow to huge sizes GB's.
Depending on the content you are using.So if it's large you can delete it and restart Kodi.It'll populate again over time.
Regarding other space usage,you'll have to comb through your setup and see what's eating all the space.....i.e. check retro roms,download folders etc,etc.

Should be doing this regularly anyway, along with purging packages, clearing cache etc. Also, some add ons have the facility whereby you can do the same within them so don't forget that.

I don't want to get into specific add ons though as that will probably lead the thread being closed (as per the Android Devices forum).

Rock Paper Scissors Registered User

Has anyone figured out how to fast forward a video while using the latest YouTube app?

bazzz Registered User

Rock Paper Scissors said:
Has anyone figured out how to fast forward a video while using the latest YouTube app?

You just scroll up on to the progress bar and press left(backwards) or right(fastforward).

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!