DEGIRO Verified representative

Many of the world’s most popular stocks and futures trade in the US. With a user-friendly platform and incredibly low fees, DEGIRO has made global stock trading accessible for everyone.

Did you know that when you trade €2,000 in Apple shares, the fee can be as low as €0.55 with DEGIRO?

As fees have a considerable impact on your returns, it's no wonder DEGIRO has quickly grown to be a top 5 European broker. Last month DEGIRO won the awards for Best Low-Cost Broker and Best Mobile Share Dealing by Investors Chronicle and Financial Times. This is on top of more than 30 other international broker awards.

To keep expending the product offering and improve the customer experience, DEGIRO has partnered with the CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. This partnership will provide investors with educational content to improve their understanding on benchmark futures products. In addition, clients receive free live US quotes and high liquidity to get the most out of their trading with CME products. All of this will be available in combination with DEGIRO’s intuitive software and low fees.

Start trading today.

1 person has thanked this post
Simona1986 Registered User

Do you have any faq / quide for the tax implications of PAYE Irish residents investing in US stocks?
Thanks

Hi Simona1986,

You can complete a W8-BEN form for reduced US dividend withholding rates directly on your WebTrader. This can be found under the My Tasks section.

You can also find a list of general FAQs in our Help Centre. There will be more resources added to this page going forth.
https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/

2 people have thanked this post
ProjectMoose Registered User

You state "24-hour trading" but clients cannot place trades on the website for over 30 minutes each night. Why is this?

Hi ProjectMoose,

That is correct. Each evening we have approximately 20-30 minutes to do a server reset. During this time you can still access your account but will not be able to place an order. This occurs during the period where all markets (European, US, and Asian) are closed.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Your error message reads as 32 mins. Not exactly 24-hour trading as you claim.

Also, the Australian Exchange opens at 11pm (10AM sydney time). That is during the time clients are unable to trade. Can you move the "server reset" time?

I see NZX stocks are not listed. Can they be added to the list of available stocks?

Hi ProjectMoose,

Could you please send me the link where you see "24 hours" on the website? I can have that line changed.

We are currently working on a project to eliminate this downtime. Once this is completed you will be able to place orders during this time.

Currently we do not offer access to New Zealand stocks. This exchange may be added in the future but I cannot give an approximate time-frame if/when this may be.

Your sponsored advert above states 24 hour trading.

Edit: Is there any possibility that the server reset can be moved to a different time until that project is complete? i.e. not at have it reset at 11pm (or 12pm!).

gavmcg92 Registered User

Am currently a customer of yours. Can you confirm if this post is correct and US based ETFs will no longer be available on your platform?
US ETFs no longer purchasable in Europe
https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057822332

Hi ProjectMoose,

Thank you for pointing that out. I have made the change from the initial post.

At the moment the server reset will have to remain at the current time so I am afraid that the current downtime will remain for now.

Hi gavmcg92,

With the new PRIIPS legislation in effect, it can be the case that some products have been closed for trading for international investors if the providers have not written the necessary documents.

You can read more on this in our Help Centre:
https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/trading/913#1906/why-will-some-foreign-etfs-and-derivatives-be-temporarily-unavailable-from-02-01-18-onwards

sasol Registered User

In relation to the US based ETFs , is their removal from DEGIRO temporary or permanent?

If temporary, do you have any idea of the timeframe in which they will be made available again ?

Thank you,
S

DEGIRO said:
Hi gavmcg92,

With the new PRIIPS legislation in effect, it can be the case that some products have been closed for trading for international investors if the providers have not written the necessary documents.

You can read more on this in our Help Centre:
https://www.degiro.ie/helpcenter/faq/trading/913#1906/why-will-some-foreign-etfs-and-derivatives-be-temporarily-unavailable-from-02-01-18-onwards

Hi Sasol,

We expect the full impact of this change to be temporary. Availability of these products will depend on the provider so I am afraid that I cannot give you any sort of time-frame if/when products will become available again.

Hi DeGiro,

Some of the cent stocks I am looking at for 2018 do not appear to be available to buy on the degiro.ie You have other stocks listed from the same exchange(s). Is it possible to have these stocks added to available stocks on degiro.ie?

Thanks you, PM

Hi ProjectMoose,

If these are listed on an exchange which we offer (i.e. ISE, LSE, NYSE, NASDAQ, TSX, ASX, etc.) then we should likely be able to add these stocks for you.

Please email this request to our Service Desk at clients@degiro.ie and my colleagues will be able to assist.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!