Mr E Administrator

Not sure that this will be laugh-out-loud funny, but I liked the trailer enough to check it out. Starts January 4th on Channel 4.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/derry-girls

Derry Girls follows Erin and her friends Orla, Clare, and Michelle, who are used to seeing their country on the nightly news in a time of armed police in armoured Land Rovers and British Army check points.

12 people have thanked this post
Skid X Registered User

Channel 4 are plugging it a lot, it seems to be advertised during every break I have seen recently.

In Between Days, by The Cure, features on that trailer which might be a nod to The Inbetweeners (which featured the same instrumental part of that song)

silverharp Registered User

trailer sells it well if they can keep the tempo up, seen from a distance there ought to be decent opportunities for Barracks humor.

LoughNeagh2017 Registered User

It'll drop quicker than an IRA ceasefire, the same writer wrote London Irish in 2013, I thought it was good but it only got one series. It has much the same actors as that and 6Degrees, Louse Mitchells old nanny from EastEnders is in it, from 2002.

JP Liz V1 Registered User

Tommy Tiernan is playing one of the main parents

darkdubh Banned

LoughNeagh2017 said:
It'll drop quicker than an IRA ceasefire, the same writer wrote London Irish in 2013, I thought it was good but it only got one series. It has much the same actors as that and 6Degrees, Louse Mitchells old nanny from EastEnders is in it, from 2002.

Never saw London Irish but it got really bad reviews from what I recall.

Basq Registered User

Bump!

Starting in 20 minutes.

2 people have thanked this post
4Ad Registered User

Thought I wouldn't but I actually enjoyed that !!

9 people have thanked this post
Rothmans Registered User

Thought it was pretty funny.
The very last scene was hilarious. It worked really well.

2 people have thanked this post
Harry Palmr Registered User

Abandoned ship after 20 mins, just too contrived for my tastes.

3 people have thanked this post
OldRio Registered User

Excellent first program. I agree the 'did you kill the wee nun?' scene was laugh out loud funny.

4 people have thanked this post
Dónal Gravity is a harsh mistress

That was great.

1 person has thanked this post
WoollyRedHat Registered User

Really enjoyed that. 'The wee english fella' having to piss into the bucket in detention and your one Michelle quipping 'That's the English for ****ing savages' haha.

9 people have thanked this post

Loved it.

1 person has thanked this post
theteal Registered User

So ye'r killing nuns nai, is it?

Yeah, it got a few laughs here, we'll keep an eye out for the next one

4 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!