nilescraneo Registered User

New competition up on Public Jobs for control room operator with AGS. 4 x 12 hour shifts on & 4 days off, with 25% shift allowance + Sunday & bank holiday allowances when rostered. Standard civil service starting scale of €438 gross p/w. Positions in:

Harcourt Square, Dublin 2

Anglesea Street, Cork

Murrogh, Renmore Rd, Galway

Castlebar (GISC)

Waterford City

https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/campaignAdvert/67440.htm?lang=en

Gong to give it a go anyway. Best of luck!

3 people have thanked this post
Kingp35 Moderator

An interesting but tough job I would imagine. Quite a lot of responsibility for a Clerical Officer.

nilescraneo Registered User

Am a CO at the moment in peoplepoint in a fairly meaningless job, so going to give this a try.

job seeker Registered User

Kingp35 said:
An interesting but tough job I would imagine. Quite a lot of responsibility for a Clerical Officer.

That's for about 10.30 p/h.. Which isn't great for that type of work imo..

2 people have thanked this post
Crunchymomma Registered User

job
Kingp35 said:

That's for about 10.30 p/h.. Which isn't great for that type of work imo..

I'd say it works out as more. They get a 25% shift allowance over regular CO salary

1 person has thanked this post
job seeker Registered User

Crunchymomma said:
I'd say it works out as more. They get a 25% shift allowance over regular CO salary

Ah sure that's right, I missed that! I might apply just for the interview practice.

But if I got a job like this I'd be pretty nervous. connecting the calls..

AGS2017 Registered User

Is this a similar pay scale to the civilian immigration jobs at Dublin Airport?

Is there much chance of overtime/additional shifts for the CO's at Dublin Airport to bump up their pay with the odd shift?

Scienceless Registered User

‘An extra payment is also available when rostered to work on a Sunday and Bank/Public Holiday’

What does this actually mean in money or % terms?

Is this extra payment for Sunday’s etc in addition to the normal shift allowance payable on all shifts? Or instead of?

TallGlass Registered User

438€ before tax and that is that correct? That seems very low for the role.

Crunchymomma Registered User

TallGlass said:
438€ before tax and that is that correct? That seems very low for the role.

That's before the extra shift allowances. 438 a week is basic CO salary

raven136 Registered User

Working in a control room presently for a large private security company.

That level of pay advertised is low

Bazzy Registered User

Applied for this also i'm sure theres more to the pay fingers crossed I get an interview!!

Ciano1997 Registered User

Applied fo this myself, gonna use it as a stepping stone to try get into the guards. Does anyone know when th assessment is?

hdowney Registered User

Applied for the Dublin location. Will see what happens

the whole year inn Registered User

I am thinking about applying for Castlebar (GISC) role .I belive thats to do more with helping the Guards with data input and relaying information to the Guards.Is there much room for promotion with these roles,I just graduated with a degree in IT and would like to use it and wonder what promotion if any there is if any ?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!