1 person has thanked this post
Ultimate Seduction Registered User

paulie21 said:
6th-14th January

Seen video of draw can only remember a few

Mark McGeeney v Martin Adams
Glen Durrant v Gary Robson or Penigran Mohamed
Ross Montgomery v Scott Waites

Ross v Waites only game that looks interesting. Crazy how Danny Noppert, last years runner up had to do a preliminary round. He's my bet to win it out anyway along with Menzies

sc86 Registered User

draw was some farce

only the bdo could do that
even the players didnt know

advertised draw was at 7
was at 5pm i think

joke

sc86 said:
draw was some farce

only the bdo could do that
even the players didnt know

advertised draw was at 7
was at 5pm i think

joke

The BDO didn't even know about it. They were still saying it was on at 7pm after it had been on the channel 4 website. It's like they do this stuff on purpose. Pure comedy.

ArmaniJeanss Registered User

wiki link with draw and bookmakers odds.

Also @paulie (and I don't mean this in a having-a-pop way) I think as you create a lot of the event threads you should make it a template to always put in a link to the draw in the OP. wiki draw is handy as it'll be getting continuously updated as matches take place. Good to have as much info in the OP as possible.

buster180 Registered User

Ultimate Seduction said:
Ross v Waites only game that looks interesting. Crazy how Danny Noppert, last years runner up had to do a preliminary round. He's my bet to win it out anyway along with Menzies

They must have changed the rules this year. I always thought the four semi-final players were guaranteed automatic qualification for the next two years .

buster180 said:
They must have changed the rules this year. I always thought the four semi-final players were guaranteed automatic qualification for the next two years .

Happened to Jeff Smith after getting to the 2015 final too. Scandalous really.

raiders11 Registered User

paulie21 said:
6th-14th January

Seen video of draw can only remember a few

Mark McGeeney v Martin Adams
Glen Durrant v Gary Robson or Penigran Mohamed
Ross Montgomery v Scott Waites

Can only remember a few?? Fair play to ye for remembering Penigran Mohamed

Inquitus Registered User

Surely this has to be nearing the end of its useful life? The prize pool has remained static since 2010, ergo it has diminished in real terms, the quality of the promotion, materials, press team is at an all time low, count the typos in the below tweeted promotional material:

They are using pics of Barney to sell tickets:

Surely it just needs to be put out of its misery now?

Inquitus said:
Surely this has to be nearing the end of its useful life? The prize pool has remained static since 2010, ergo it has diminished in real terms, the quality of the promotion, materials, press team is at an all time low, count the typos in the below tweeted promotional material:

They are using pics of Barney to sell tickets:

Surely it just needs to be put out of its misery now?

I see it as a County players tournament. Its a good experience for County players being on stage and tv. I like it and think it should stay just drop the World Championship out of it.

Inquitus Registered User

Ultimate Seduction said:
I see it as a County players tournament. Its a good experience for County players being on stage and tv. I like it and think it should stay just drop the World Championship out of it.

That's a reasonable angle to take, instead they insist on advertising it thus:

2 people have thanked this post

What tv channel is it going to be on btw?

Patww79 Registered User

This post has been deleted.

Inquitus Registered User

Patww79 said:
This post has been deleted.

Last shown on the BBC in 2016, Channel 4 last year, 2017, and ongoing. BT Sports showing some as well, not sure if that's just the final, some of it is only available on BDO youtube channel as well apparently.

millhouse Registered User

Channel 4 will show live coverage of the afternoon games and BT sports will cover the evening games up to the final . It's always now seen as the poormans darts even though it was the original world championship and it is very much the breeding ground for all the future PDC stars. We will be spoiled by all the 180's and big check outs on sky and then these plumbers and brickies come along and throw 26 and 41 to beat the band. It does improve in the latter stages but for constant continual quality Sky is your only man.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!