devnull Moderator

road_high said:
How does that work? How does it work out the fare to deduct?!

It doesn't - For journeys 13 stages or less you need to tell the driver your destination and then hold your Leap Card to the validator on the driver’s ticket machine. The correct fare will be deducted for your journey.

For journeys over 13 stages / Airlink / Nitelink you use the Validator on the right hand side as you enter the bus. The appropriate fare will then be deducted from your credit.

Click here for the Dublin Bus fare calculator to work out the number of stages for your journey.

1 person has thanked this post
road_high Registered User

devnull said:
It doesn't - For journeys 13 stages or less you need to tell the driver your destination and then hold your Leap Card to the validator on the driver’s ticket machine. The correct fare will be deducted for your journey.

For journeys over 13 stages / Airlink / Nitelink you use the Validator on the right hand side as you enter the bus. The appropriate fare will then be deducted from your credit.

Click here for the Dublin Bus fare calculator to work out the number of stages for your journey.

Oh great thanks. I'll be option B I think, pretty sure Heuston to UCD is over 13 stages!

Losty Dublin Registered User

road_high said:
Actually works out cheaper buying daily online for the week than buying a ticket for the week. More IR business logic for ya.
What's the best way from Heuston to UCD? I am assuming 145 Dub Bus? Can I buy a weekly ticket with them rather than fiddling with change? I may get a Leap card.

The seven day ticket doesn't limit you to any specific train at any specific time unlike an online booking. Just walk on and board the train as you please.

G_R Mod

road_high said:
Oh great thanks. I'll be option B I think, pretty sure Heuston to UCD is over 13 stages!

Googled this for you. It's exactly 13 stages to the UCD stop on the stillorgan road, so the fare is 2.15 which you get from the driver. The machine on the side will charge you 2.80.

Just say UCD or even 2.15 to the driver and you'll get the right ticket

Carawaystick Registered User

G_R said:

Just say UCD or even 2.15 to the driver and you'll get the right ticket

Place your leapcard on the green validator while talking to the driver

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!