free 7 channel eir sports pack

unlimited home phone calls to all irish uk mobiles and landlines

got it in the post today but seems to good to be true

4 people have thanked this post
physioman Registered User

https://www.eir.ie/bundles/

Seems to be true

Sup08 Registered User

35 for the first 6 months if you buy online, then €40 and €76 after 12 months. 12 month contract

[ATTACH]434845[/ATTACH]

Attachments
eir-offer.png

i presume the one i got is slightly different it says a 'switching deal'

would they know i'm with vodafone?

i just signed a contract extension with vf ,is there a cooling off with a contract extension?

connundrum Registered User

I took this deal up recently. Received an email confirming install date of today, with a time frame of 9am - 4pm. They were to have text me in advance to narrow down the time/confirm.

No text or call. I got onto them on chat earlier - they confirmed engineer was booked for today. At 3pm, with no sign of anyone arriving, I got back onto chat and called 1901. Between the two agents, I was ‘assured’ that my engineer was booked for today, tomorrow and the 8th Dec.

Complete f*ck up. I insisted on speaking to a manager and was assured of a call back this evening. It’s 9:40pm and I’m still waiting.

I was warned of Eir, thought it was over reactions on behalf of highly strung customers. Turns out no, they’re just a mess. I’m going to go back to Virgin tomorrow and ‘offer them a last chance at my business’.

6 people have thanked this post
freebee23 Registered User

Was in the Eir store in Blanchardstown a few weeks ago checking out their offers and the assistant informed me that they have a switching deal where they will buy out your remaining contract with another provider up to a value of €200.
You close your a/c with your current provider, settle your last bill and they will credit your new Eir account with the offer amount upon proof of payment.
Anyone thinking of switching should see if this is still being offered.
Might make the switch that little bit easier.

1 person has thanked this post
grebtol2 Registered User

How does the Eir Sport pack work?

Can I view login from anywhere or do I have to be connecting via Eir broadband to access it?

Ah-Watch Registered User

I rang Eir sales, 1800503303 and said I was thinking of moving back and wanted to see what they could offer. They offered me exactly what was available online (inc "online only" 50e cashback) and also offered to cover my cancellation fees from my existing provider upto 200e. I rang back about two weeks later for my parents account and they mentioned the same- covering cancellation fees upto 200e. I only signed up to Sky in Sept and its often unstable at night and my cancellation fee is 197.10. Happy days

Fuzzy Logic Registered User

Be very careful about what they’re advertising. They say unlimited where in fact there’s a cap of 1TB per month and if you go over they charge you. Plenty of people on their Talk To forum have been caught by their misleading advertising and some in fact have found changes made to Eir’s site to try hide their misleading advertising

17 people have thanked this post
kceire Registered User

mikeysmith said:
i presume the one i got is slightly different it says a 'switching deal'

would they know i'm with vodafone?

i just signed a contract extension with vf ,is there a cooling off with a contract extension?

Yes, 14 days by law iirc

joebloggs32 Registered User

Sup08 said:
35 for the first 6 months if you buy online, then €40 and €76 after 12 months. 12 month contract

[ATTACH]434845[/ATTACH]

Got that at the weekend plus a free tablet in their black Friday sale. Must put a reminder in to switch next black friday

aspasp1 Registered User

joebloggs32 said:
Got that at the weekend plus a free tablet in their black Friday sale. Must put a reminder in to switch next black friday

ordered the same..but did not get any confirmation email.. i did get to the confirmation after putting in bank details etc and got the date of installation etc. but no email to confirm all this..

am i missing something?

joebloggs32 Registered User

aspasp1 said:
ordered the same..but did not get any confirmation email.. i did get to the confirmation after putting in bank details etc and got the date of installation etc. but no email to confirm all this..

am i missing something?

I got an email with an account number and details of the plan. Another one with installation date and my modem arrived. The rep on live chat said after the 14 day cooling off period is over I will get an email about claiming the tablet.

J_V_C Registered User

I've been with Eir for several years; it sucks.

Their BB is patchy at best, not one single day goes by without random drops in connection.

The prices are obscenely high for landline calls, and don't get me started on their charges for pay as you go mobile users...

3 people have thanked this post
cormie Registered User

I'm with Vodafone who recently sent notice their plan is going up to €45 per month for BB only.

I don't suppose anyone had tried haggle VF loyalty team down stating this deal? Would be easier to just stay than signing up to a new service. I'm happy with VF so far.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!