gawa84 Registered User
#1

Thread for everyone who has applied this year. Hopefully this can be a useful source of information and we will all see each other on the other side as PC's. Best of luck to all!

9 people have thanked this post
#2

I 2nd that! At least the ball is rolling now albeit slowly lol

2 people have thanked this post
Banterbus28 Registered User
#3

Hello

#4

Oh good. A thread of our own 😆

1 person has thanked this post
Belfast_B2014 Registered User
#5

Yeepee a thread of our own..good work gawa84

2 people have thanked this post
BlueCop8790 Registered User
#6

Good to see we've got our own thread

ML515 Registered User
#7

The ball is well and truly rolling now! I've been waiting for this in my mundane job for a very long time. Now it's very real.

1 person has thanked this post
Rossco22 Registered User
#8

Curious to see who else is in the same boat as myself and has not yet completed the IST?

3 people have thanked this post
Goonerdee Registered User
#9

I was glad I did it pretty early. I just hope it has recorded my answers correctly.

I’m dreading what the pass mark will be when they finally do get round to it. It seemed very easy which means there are going to be a lot of high scorers to try and keep up with.

3 people have thanked this post
NornIron74 Registered User
#10

I did the 2nd section on Monday morning just before the system broke down, so I was happy enough. Goonerdee I also found it suspiciously easy but maybe that was down to the fact that I did a lot of practice tests beforehand.

2 people have thanked this post
ML515 Registered User
#11

Goonerdee said:
I was glad I did it pretty early. I just hope it has recorded my answers correctly.

I’m dreading what the pass mark will be when they finally do get round to it. It seemed very easy which means there are going to be a lot of high scorers to try and keep up with.

That's my concern tbh. From previous experience, I've found the IST much harder than the AC stage.

#12

Maxi515 said:
Goonerdee said:
I was glad I did it pretty early. I just hope it has recorded my answers correctly.

I’m dreading what the pass mark will be when they finally do get round to it. It seemed very easy which means there are going to be a lot of high scorers to try and keep up with.

That's my concern tbh. From previous experience, I've found the IST much harder than the AC stage.


Really? I find exams easy enough if the work is put in, I've always found the role plays hard.

ML515 Registered User
#13

NiK9 said:
Maxi515 said:
Goonerdee said:
I was glad I did it pretty early. I just hope it has recorded my answers correctly.

I’m dreading what the pass mark will be when they finally do get round to it. It seemed very easy which means there are going to be a lot of high scorers to try and keep up with.

That's my concern tbh. From previous experience, I've found the IST much harder than the AC stage.


Really? I find exams easy enough if the work is put in, I've always found the role plays hard.

The likes of situation judgement testing etc is very subjective in my opinion. I passed both, in 1509, I think the AC is very much common sense lines of questioning during the role plays. Maybe because of the setting, the role play actors etc, it feels different?

1 person has thanked this post
#14

Maxi515 said:
NiK9 said:
Maxi515 said:

That's my concern tbh. From previous experience, I've found the IST much harder than the AC stage.


Really? I find exams easy enough if the work is put in, I've always found the role plays hard.

The likes of situation judgement testing etc is very subjective in my opinion. I passed both, in 1509, I think the AC is very much common sense lines of questioning during the role plays. Maybe because of the setting, the role play actors etc, it feels different?


I think what let me down in the 1509 A.C. was that I tried too hard to get the information etc during the role plays and didn't show enough "emotion"/empathy etc. It's hard because you know it isn't real. I failed by two marks last time so hoping this time will be different lol.

ML515 Registered User
#15

NiK9 said:
Maxi515 said:
NiK9 said:


Really? I find exams easy enough if the work is put in, I've always found the role plays hard.

The likes of situation judgement testing etc is very subjective in my opinion. I passed both, in 1509, I think the AC is very much common sense lines of questioning during the role plays. Maybe because of the setting, the role play actors etc, it feels different?


I think what let me down in the 1509 A.C. was that I tried too hard to get the information etc during the role plays and didn't show enough "emotion"/empathy etc. It's hard because you know it isn't real. I failed by two marks last time so hoping this time will be different lol.


Yeah man, I was told there was a simple formula and it worked for me. I’ll PM you.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!