givecredit Registered User

Marhay70 said:
Bought this on Vodafone and have it unlocked. I find it a brilliant phone for the money with one little hiccup.
I find if I leave bluetooth on while at home it seriously affects my wi-fi. I have fibre and normally can depend on 45-50Mbps but on my phone with bluetooth turned on it reduces to 5-7 Mbps. As soon as I turn bluetooth off, it's back to normal. This only happens on the P8 lite, my old Motorola isn't affected.
Anyone else experience this with this or any other phone? It's not a huge deal but I'm curious as to what is causing it.

Did you try changing the WiFi channel in your router?

Marhay70 Registered User

givecredit
Did you try changing the WiFi channel in your router?

Yep, made little difference.

ibFoxer Registered User

loyatemu said:
I've done this and it works fine with a couple of caveats
  • the phone will no longer report the correct amount of storage remaining
  • if there's a software update, it breaks this mod and you'll have to do it again (I also had to do a factory reset to get it working again properly).

The lack of onboard storage is the main disadvantage of this phone - 16GB just isn't enough any more.

I tried this, but it wouldn't see the extra storage as internal, even through an external app. Any tips? Is there a specific sd card i should look at?

yabadabado Registered User

ibFoxer said:
I tried this, but it wouldn't see the extra storage as internal, even through an external app. Any tips? Is there a specific sd card i should look at?

The phone memory will show up all messed up.I think mine has minus figues but I used File Manager and Internal storage shows all combined now.
Im using a Samsung 64GB Evo Plus .

1 person has thanked this post
ibFoxer Registered User

yabadabado said:
The phone memory will show up all messed up.I think mine has minus figues but I used File Manager and Internal storage shows all combined now.
Im using a Samsung 64GB Evo Plus .

That’s the thing, when I used a different app to check it was still showing as internal and SD. I followed a slightly different guide however that said to unmount and then remount the sd card in adb before going through the rest of it, when I did the card didn’t show as unmounted. I’m going to try get an A1 card on amazon and try again

kala85 Registered User

yabadabado said:
set this up today and seems to be working fine.
I added a 64gb SD card and using File Manager app it shows I have 57 GB free internal storage,checking via the phone is showing incorrect amount as you mentioned.

How are you finding this since?

yabadabado Registered User

kala85 said:
How are you finding this since?

No problems set it up about 3 weeks ago.well worth doing.

EI2011 Registered User

hi guys friends have told me 3 network locked phones are difficult to unlock , have many people had success on dc unlocker etc with 3 network locked phones ?

ibFoxer Registered User

EI2011 said:
hi guys friends have told me 3 network locked phones are difficult to unlock , have many people had success on dc unlocker etc with 3 network locked phones ?

I did one, no problems

1 person has thanked this post
Zardoz Registered User

Not as good as the original offer but Vodafone have the phone back down to 119.99 if you port to Vodafone .
You get a free Ireland Rugby jersey thrown in too to sweeten the deal.
http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/huawei-p8-lite-2017-pay-as-you-go-black

My original P8 Lite that I bought before Christmas but only started using as my main phone last week ,slipped off my desk and the glass on the screen cracked.
The digitiser and LCD is fine and the phone is perfectly usable,just a bit disappointed it cracked so easily ,its the first time a screen has ever cracked on me but I normally have a flip top cover .
In this instance I had no case,as I was waiting for it to come in the post.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!