Sir Dosser Registered User

Anyone tried Lineage 14.1 or AOSP build yet?

Think I will over the weekend. Just curious did anyone else and did they have any issues?

Lineage : https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8lite/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-huawei-p8-lite-2017-t3649292

Google AOSP: https://forum.xda-developers.com/p8lite/development/rom-google-aosp-7-1-2-r29-huawei-p8-t3729072

Basil3 Registered User

Used my mother-in-laws Vodafone account to request the unlock code for the P8. Finally came through today, after best part of a month.

ibFoxer Registered User

Is three currently the best priced network for this at €129.99 switching? Need to get one for the auld fella, I assume dc-unlocker works for three handset?

Sir Dosser Registered User

Basil3 said:
Used my mother-in-laws Vodafone account to request the unlock code for the P8. Finally came through today, after best part of a month.

Why not just spend €4 and get it unlocked straight away?!

Basil3 Registered User

Sir Dosser said:

Because I don't need it unlocked for any particular purpose right now, and because free is better than €4.

1 person has thanked this post
Zardoz Registered User

Sir Dosser said:

That DC Unlocker method takes alot longer than 5 minutes ,thats if you can get it to work.
I tried it lately and it kept on refusing all my credit and debit cards and Paypal gave an error too.
Wasted a few hours on it.

autumnalcore Registered User

Zardoz said:
That DC Unlocker method takes alot longer than 5 minutes ,thats if you can get it to work.
I tried it lately and it kept on refusing all my credit and debit cards and Paypal gave an error too.
Wasted a few hours on it.

Download the app from playstore pay 4 euro through In-app purchase.

carbon74 Registered User

mjp said:
Gonna pick one up in 3 shop tomorrow for €109.
Just wondering where is cheapest to get unlocking code.
Phoneunlockshop.com have it for €8.

Just wondering if you used this crowd to unlock? Or anybody else used them?

Don't have access to a computer for a while so was going to use this place... Cheers!

ibFoxer Registered User

carbon74 said:
Just wondering if you used this crowd to unlock? Or anybody else used them?

Don't have access to a computer for a while so was going to use this place... Cheers!

I picked up two yesterday, one from 3 for my dad and one for free on contract from eir, unlocked both with DC-Unlocker yesterday, took about 20 minutes, cost €8

carbon74 Registered User

ibFoxer said:
I picked up two yesterday, one from 3 for my dad and one for free on contract from eir, unlocked both with DC-Unlocker yesterday, took about 20 minutes, cost €8

Don't you need a computer for dc unlocker?

ibFoxer Registered User

carbon74 said:
Don't you need a computer for dc unlocker?

Aye sorry, you do, didn’t read your post properly

carbon74 Registered User

Just a heads up on phoneunlockshop.com.com. Went through the ordering process, gave them IMEI etc and they charged me $9.99 to my card.

Got an email then this morning saying they couldn't unlock it and to go back to Eir. Grrrr waiting on a refund now...

carbon74 Registered User

carbon74 said:
Just a heads up on phoneunlockshop.com.com. Went through the ordering process, gave them IMEI etc and they charged me $9.99 to my card.

Got an email then this morning saying they couldn't unlock it and to go back to Eir. Grrrr waiting on a refund now...

Drama over. Got access to a computer and unlocked it with DC-Unlocker in 10 mins. Sweet! :-)

seanin4711 Registered User

carbon74 said:
Drama over. Got access to a computer and unlocked it with DC-Unlocker in 10 mins. Sweet! :-)

10mins on DC and DIY,bish bash bosh job done!
Went to B&M shop in Galway and they wanted 30euro.

Marhay70 Registered User

Bought this on Vodafone and have it unlocked. I find it a brilliant phone for the money with one little hiccup.
I find if I leave bluetooth on while at home it seriously affects my wi-fi. I have fibre and normally can depend on 45-50Mbps but on my phone with bluetooth turned on it reduces to 5-7 Mbps. As soon as I turn bluetooth off, it's back to normal. This only happens on the P8 lite, my old Motorola isn't affected.
Anyone else experience this with this or any other phone? It's not a huge deal but I'm curious as to what is causing it.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!