Grumpypants Registered User

I had some (about 1,000). Bought at 14 and sold at 19cent in the great kraken sell off, so made a little profit.

I do think it will do good and deliver a decent return. But i don't see it ever becoming "a next bitcoin".

Have been meaning to buy it back on Bittrex but the recent spike to 25 means i'm just waiting right now.

ZeroThreat Registered User

Grumpypants said:
I had some (about 1,000). Bought at 14 and sold at 19cent in the great kraken sell off, so made a little profit.

I do think it will do good and deliver a decent return. But i don't see it ever becoming "a next bitcoin".

Have been meaning to buy it back on Bittrex but the recent spike to 25 means i'm just waiting right now.

have about 3,000 of these myself, bought in at about 20 cent so I'm up 25% currently. Would probably sell if they ever reach something like 50cent

banie01 Registered User

I'm holding some of this too.
Bought it as a longshot but the trickle of announcements from the team regarding adoption by some financial institutions has kept my interest piqued in this coin.
It does have a huge amount of coin in circulation and this may to my mind lead to its actually being more utilised for transactional purposes.

The main big coins are all being HODL'd and while there is a much tighter supply of ETH and BTC etc. it is hard to see how given their current rise in prices and volatility that they can be used as anything other than speculative stores of value.
Anyone holding the main coins at the moment is not going to be inclined to use them for payments or for disrupting normal payment practices as originally envisaged.
Whereas ripple does seem to be gaining some support for transactional use at the very least.

splashuum Registered User

I'm hearing there is an announcement being made next month which could potentially impact ripples value drastically, Is this true ?

garrettod Registered User

Whether it's true or not, I don't know ....

But what I do know is that posting comments like that are sometimes used to help push the price up...hopefully in this instance, what you've heard will prove true

machiavellianme Registered User

Up 7% since splashuums comment. I don't suppose you'd like to say something similar about OMG or ARK?

1 person has thanked this post
Speculator Registered User

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse Retweets Link Indicating XRP Will Rise to $2 by 2018

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse

Just seen this on Reddit.

millhouse Registered User

Finally some activity. Hopefully next week's news is positive or will it just be a false dawn in anticipation of the news

gazza87a Registered User

Hey.. i was interested in Ripple also.. Just curious what platforms are you using to buy?

Bitstamp.net

splashuum Registered User

Kraken

gazza87a Registered User

millhouse said:
Bitstamp.net

splashuum said:
Kraken

I've seen bad reviews on these - any issues when you request to take your money out?

None so far. Using bitstamp since September. Have had transactions in and out without issue.

sReq | uTeK Registered User

gazza87a said:
Hey.. i was interested in Ripple also.. Just curious what platforms are you using to buy?

Bitfiniex,

Have about 500 myself, will leave it there and see what happens, don't expect much, but you never know.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!