Ludo Registered User

Interesting...have used booking.com many times without an issue. Will be keeping close eye on my statements after reading this.

Thanks OP by the way. Just cancelled a booking I have with them and rebooked with the discount.

gustafo Registered User

cheers for this just booked a hotel will be nice to get something back, anybody get there $40 back yet??

Exclamation Marc Registered User

gustafo said:
cheers for this just booked a hotel will be nice to get something back, anybody get there $40 back yet??

I think it's after your stay that its applied. That's what it said on my booking anyway when I finished up.

Exclamation Marc Registered User

gustafo said:

I think it's after your stay that its applied. That's what it said on my booking anyway when I finished up.

tajd Registered User

gustafo said:

40 back after you stay

noisenotmusic Registered User

shardylan said:
Just a word of warning when booking with booking.com .Always check your bank a/c because twice that I booked with them that I would pay when I got there and twice they took the full money & the last time they actually took it 3 times .Took a long time to get it sorted with them blaming the hotel and hotel blaming them.
I'm sure it's a rare occupancy but just wanted to warn people

I had a problem with a place in London from booking.com before that double charged me by both taking the cash for the room as I checked in and then also taking it off my card at the same time. That cash was what I had for the trip so resulted in frantic phone calls to the bank trying to figure out why I couldn't get money from the ATM.

abberr Registered User

I had a problem with a place in Thailand, free cancellation (pay in hotel once you stay) but got charged so I cancelled waiting for refund and instead of refund I got charged again.

I investigated and pushed on booking.com so eventually got everything refunded (wasn't supposed to be charged in the first place) and got a copy of reservation booking.com sends to hotel.

So it was a copy of fax - with all my credit card details - just being emailed to some hotel in phuket in Thailand. No security at all .. I had to cancel the credit card.

I prefer places like Agoda or eBookers as they charge you themselves instead of hotel and than they transfer money to actual hotel.

toby2111 Registered User

messinkiapina said:
Do u have to book in USD?

Yes,can anyone answer this?I've a booking with them in August.So do I cancel,then re-book in dollars?Then just pay the hotel (in euros) using my card,then I'll get $40(in euros) back onto my card?
Does that make sense to anyone??!!!

Daniel112 Registered User

Just received this email from booking.com but have no idea what to do now! The email doesn't contain any links and the green box isn't clickable!

Tinie Banned

When does this offer expire? Thanks

gustafo Registered User

Daniel112 said:
Just received this email from booking.com but have no idea what to do now! The email doesn't contain any links and the green box isn't clickable!

I'd say you prob don't have to do anything should be just lodged into your card that you paid with.
By the way was your booking in euros or dollars?

MarkY91 Registered User

I've 6 weeks of travelling coming up. Am I better off making a few accounts and taking advantage of this? I've a visa cars and 2 revolut master cards if having more than 1 card is needed..

Daniel112 Registered User

gustafo said:
Daniel112 said:

I'd say you prob don't have to do anything should be just lodged into your card that you paid with.
By the way was your booking in euros or dollars?

I booked in Euros 

ImARebel Registered User

also have had a bad experience with booking.com advertised a room that wasn't available at the property that I paid extra for. They won't accept it's false advertising. Assholes.... I won't be using them again. They are painful to deal with and their customer service crew are so rude.

suave.4u Registered User

cheers OP, I also booked and got this message:

We hope you have a great trip! After your stay, you will receive an email on receiving your US$40 reward from Booking.com. The reward is paid on your preferred credit card and sent to you shortly afterwards.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!