Idbatterim Registered User
#961

I cannot wait to see what metro north does to taxis! No doubt they will pool together to challenge it all the way in the courts, delay it as much as possible!

Stephen15 Registered User
#962

Idbatterim said:
I cannot wait to see what metro north does to taxis! No doubt they will pool together to challenge it all the way in the courts, delay it as much as possible!


I doubt they'd get away with it. Taxis will still business from the airport as not everyone wants to go to the City which is where the Metro will go. They haven't stopped the DART or the Luas being built so I doubt they'll get away with stopping the metro being built.

Idbatterim Registered User
#963

no, they absolutely wont stop it being built, but good luck to them when there is a highly frequent, segregated rail service that runs long hours. The transport options to the airport at the moment are a joke if you are under time pressure heading to the airport at peak times...

Ben D Bus Registered User
#964

Stephen15 said:
I doubt they'd get away with it. Taxis will still business from the airport as not everyone wants to go to the City which is where the Metro will go. They haven't stopped the DART or the Luas being built so I doubt they'll get away with stopping the metro being built.


They went on strike when CIÉ launched an airport bus service so I'm sure they'll have a good old protest regardless.

Phil.x Registered User
#965

Idbatterim said:
no, they absolutely wont stop it being built, but good luck to them when there is a highly frequent, segregated rail service that runs long hours. The transport options to the airport at the moment are a joke if you are under time pressure heading to the airport at peak times...


How long is long hours?

cgcsb Registered User
#966

Idbatterim said:
I cannot wait to see what metro north does to taxis! No doubt they will pool together to challenge it all the way in the courts, delay it as much as possible!


I expect that they'll do nothing until a week before it opens, then have a melt down, taxi drivers aren't taxi drivers because they're talented forward thinkers.

1 person has thanked this post
AngryLips Registered User
#967

Is it just my imagination or does anyone else find it far handier to get off the train at Broombridge and change for Luas if going towards the Henry St area coming from Maynooth direction rather than go onwards to Connolly? Also, avoid getting held up in any delays into Connolly as well

pclive Registered User
#968

AngryLips said:
Is it just my imagination or does anyone else find it far handier to get off the train at Broombridge and change for Luas if going towards the Henry St area coming from Maynooth direction rather than go onwards to Connolly? Also, avoid getting held up in any delays into Connolly as well


sounds like a good idea...are many other passengers transferring?

thomasj Registered User
#969

pclive
sounds like a good idea...are many other passengers transferring?


According to Twitter it's busier than usual

Idbatterim Registered User
#970

cgcsb said:
I expect that they'll do nothing until a week before it opens, then have a melt down, taxi drivers aren't taxi drivers because they're talented forward thinkers.

bloody hell!

L1011 Moderator
#971

Rarely get a train that stops at Broombridge but the few I have have had significant connecting amounts.

Phil.x Registered User
#972

AngryLips said:
Is it just my imagination or does anyone else find it far handier to get off the train at Broombridge and change for Luas if going towards the Henry St area coming from Maynooth direction rather than go onwards to Connolly? Also, avoid getting held up in any delays into Connolly as well


I'd say that's what it for, people who want to go to that side of the city. Is your journey quicker that way or just less walking?

AngryLips Registered User
#973

Phil.x said:
I'd say that's what it for, people who want to go to that side of the city. Is your journey quicker that way or just less walking?


Definitely less walking, and between 5-15 minutes quicker. Although that also has to do with the fact that I’d be more inclined to walk from Connolly. Though I’d guess even with getting the Luas from Connolly it’s still 5 minutes faster if there’s no delays into Connolly

monument Moderator
#974

L1011 said:
Rarely get a train that stops at Broombridge but the few I have have had significant connecting amounts.


Great to hear it’s happening already.

tatranska Registered User
#975

L1011 said:
Rarely get a train that stops at Broombridge but the few I have have had significant connecting amounts.


So that's why I can't get a Luas into work in the morning from Cabra.
Selfish sods

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!