Mrdata. Registered User

Ambilight does look class. Is it worth it? Are there any other brands that use it at around that price point? Keeping an eye on the shops and richer sounds but don't see it really listed for anything around that price?

Coill1 Registered User

Mrdata. said:
Ambilight does look class. Is it worth it? Are there any other brands that use it at around that price point? Keeping an eye on the shops and richer sounds but don't see it really listed for anything around that price?

Only listings for it on Argos & littlewoods. (Apparently it's well worth it? - I'm getting 1 myself fingers crossed!) But I don't have / ever had 1! But it seems it's only Philips that has ambilight

Fieldog Registered User

Phillip's TVs were garbage in the initial upgrade to HDTV back in the day, my friend had an ambilight one fail just inside guarantee and had to keep returning it forward and back to them in Belgium and eventually just gave up on it when he got it repaired a third time, I don't think it was manufactured by Phillip's though if that makes a difference...

Are Phillip's a decent TV these day's?

Any idea of input lag?

stamjoe Registered User

Do we think Argos will reduce the tv's further tomorrow?

droidman123 Registered User

Coill1 said:
Or consider this 1? Think there's 15% off for first order bringing it well within your budget. Check out ambilight vids on YouTube!

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/philips-50pus6262-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-certifiednbsphdr-smart-tv-freeview-hd-freeview-play-and-ambilight/1600204294.prd?_requestid=90872&Ntt=philips%204k

Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow

frosty123 Registered User

EltonJohn69 said:
So when it comes to LG vs Samsung ? what are people thinking ?

LG's have a built in Sat receivers, don't think Samsung's have?

better viewing angle with LG's too

upandcumming Registered User

droidman123 said:
Bought this last week from littlewoods for €484 delivered with a code,expecting delivery tomorrow

What code was that?!

upandcumming said:
What code was that?!

LMVNH
This was last week,it was posted on another thread,i dont know if it still works

positivenote Registered User

droidman123 said:
LMVNH
This was last week,it was posted on another thread,i dont know if it still works

still works ... getting a quote of €552.49

positivenote said:
still works ... getting a quote of €552.49

Definitley 484 last week

1 person has thanked this post
positivenote Registered User

droidman123 said:
Definitley 484 last week

still a nice price all the same...

acquiescefc Registered User

droidman123 said:

Ditto on the price, where are you seeing a delivery date? Mine says ‘passed to 3rd party on 24th at 10am’

acquiescefc said:
Ditto on the price, where are you seeing a delivery date? Mine says ‘passed to 3rd party on 24th at 10am’

Yeah mine says the same "passed to 3rd party on 21st,no tracking updates since the 21st,it says in the invoice that delivery is due on the 27th nov (today) so i,m hoping the tracking info updates soon

acquiescefc Registered User

droidman123 said:
Yeah mine says the same "passed to 3rd party on 21st,no tracking updates since the 21st,it says in the invoice that delivery is due on the 27th nov (today) so i,m hoping the tracking info updates soon

Ok you must’ve bought 3 days before me. My arrivals date is still next Tuesday but was hoping its earlier.
Did it arrive or did you hear anything? i see a bit of a disconnect in their tracking when they pass to another carrier.

acquiescefc said:
Ok you must’ve bought 3 days before me. My arrivals date is still next Tuesday but was hoping its earlier.
Did it arrive or did you hear anything? i see a bit of a disconnect in their tracking when they pass to another carrier.

My tracking hasnt changed still saying passed on to third party courier on the 21 st, i got onto littlewoods chat last night and she said she would pass my query onto the relevent department.this morning i got an email from them telling me my order is with the 3rd party courier and i can expect to hear from them about delivery within the next 22 days!!! Ridiculous! I have a feeling they are waiting for the truck to fill with the tv orders before they set out to bulk deliver.i am livid!!

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!