Basil3 Registered User

4real said:
http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue58mu6120-58-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/346013/397.0.0?OpenMenu=true

this one is now 699 with HDR, i think this is a better deal than both the OP and LG

All the linked 58" Samsungs are the same TV afaik, and they're all HDR.

1 person has thanked this post
Sponsorgate Registered User

4real said:
http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue58mu6120-58-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/346013/397.0.0?OpenMenu=true

this one is now 699 with HDR, i think this is a better deal than both the OP and LG

Went for LG . Found the user interface of TV the most user friendly

Dixon Registered User

One thing to note is the LG is HDR10 (supports 10bit HDR). Can't seem to find the Samsungs rating but it is less than 10bit, probably 8bit

TV manufacturers must the the worst for trying to confuse things with technical definitions

2 people have thanked this post
EltonJohn69 Registered User

So when it comes to LG vs Samsung ? what are people thinking ?

grogi Registered User

Dixon said:
One thing to note is the LG is HDR10 (supports 10bit HDR). Can't seem to find the Samsungs rating but it is less than 10bit, probably 8bit

TV manufacturers must the the worst for trying to confuse things with technical definitions

Non HDR is 8 bit per component (thus 16.7 mln colours). HDR seems to be about 10 bits per component - 30bin/pixel - 1 bln of different colours.

cronos Registered User

Anyone find any reviews on the 58 inch samsung and perhaps comparisons with the LG

highdef Registered User

I've just picked up the 58" Samsung. Will set it up later however I will probably have an excellent review as the TV it's replacing is a 10 year old Philips 47" 720P display....never a problem with it and no signs of issues....she'll retire to the bedroom

cronos Registered User

highdef said:
I've just picked up the 58" Samsung. Will set it up later however I will probably have an excellent review as the TV it's replacing is a 10 year old Philips 47" 720P display....never a problem with it and no signs of issues....she'll retire to the bedroom

If your in the mood feel free to post a video

highdef Registered User

cronos said:
If your in the mood feel free to post a video

Of the TV or the bedroom?

3 people have thanked this post
cronos Registered User

highdef said:
Of the TV or the bedroom?

Walked into that one.

Basil3 Registered User

I picked up the 58" Samsung last night and was happy enough with the deal, I wasn't blown away with the picture after coming from a 46" FHD Samsung.

After playing around with it tonight, I'm much more impressed. What I didn't realise was that HDR wasn't enabling when playing Netflix through my Nvidia Shield. Once I played through the native Netflix app, I could see the difference.....will figure out getting it to work with my shield another day.

robfowler78 Registered User

Basil3 said:
I picked up the 58" Samsung last night and was happy enough with the deal, I wasn't blown away with the picture after coming from a 46" FHD Samsung.

After playing around with it tonight, I'm much more impressed. What I didn't realise was that HDR wasn't enabling when playing Netflix through my Nvidia Shield. Once I played through the native Netflix app, I could see the difference.....will figure out getting it to work with my shield another day.

Hey just wondering if your using yours with Sky . I got mine yesterday and it works fine with Netflix and plex but when watching sky it flick to a black screen and back every 15mins or so. Just wondering if you had any issues like that.

Cheers
Rob

Basil3 Registered User

robfowler78 said:
Hey just wondering if your using yours with Sky . I got mine yesterday and it works fine with Netflix and plex but when watching sky it flick to a black screen and back every 15mins or so. Just wondering if you had any issues like that.

Cheers
Rob

No issues with Sky at all. I just have the standard Sky+ HD box connected via HDMI.

highdef Registered User

I've the exact same setup and Sky box except I route it via an AV amp

robfowler78 Registered User

I'll try changing the HDMI cable maybe that has something to do with it seen as plex and Netflix work without a bother. I have set the sky box to 1080p and turned HDR off on the tv still the same I'll give the cable a go later see if th at makes a difference.

Thanks lads.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!