bittihuduga Registered User

is there a shop in dublin where we can watch these tvs live with 4k and non 4k content for comparison? i am worried if sky non hd channels will look awful on these.

LpPepper Registered User

kippy said:
So it is Saorview approved?

I've a 40 inch Samsung for the past 9 years or so and it's been rock solid.
This TV would be an ideal replacement I'd say.

It is definitely saorview approved, can't think of any main brand or even generic TV I've seen in last few years that hasn't been.

dodzy Registered User

kippy said:
So it is Saorview approved?

I've a 40 inch Samsung for the past 9 years or so and it's been rock solid.
This TV would be an ideal replacement I'd say.

Of course, every TV sold here has to be

Dcully Moderator

Ill never buy another samsung tv, always bought them but had two fail this year both under two years old

I do like the look of this, im well past buying expensive sets, too many stories of breakdowns with new TV`s no wonder you rarely get more than 12 months warranty these days.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-49-ultra-hd-4k-tv-49uj635v.html

How does 1080 content display or upscale on 4k?

1 person has thanked this post
Del2005 Registered User

Dcully said:
Ill never buy another samsung tv, always bought them but had two fail this year both under two years old

I do like the look of this, im well past buying expensive sets, too many stories of breakdowns with new TV`s no wonder you rarely get more than 12 months warranty these days.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/lg-49-ultra-hd-4k-tv-49uj635v.html

How does 1080 content display or upscale on 4k?

Warranty is in addition to your consumer rights and in this country they are better than a warranty.

cython Registered User

dodzy said:
Of course, every TV sold here has to be

That's not actually true, and technically that tv is not Saorview approved. It is not part of the database of TV models on the site: https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/products

That being said, just because it has not been explicitly tested/reviewed against/by Saorview, that is not to say that it does not support all the standards atop which Saorview runs, and I'm sure this TV at least falls into that category. For example, I have a Samsung 32" TV from a number of years ago (>7 at least) that was not technically Saorview certified, but still works with it perfectly.

Del2005 Registered User

cython said:
That's not actually true, and technically that tv is not Saorview approved. It is not part of the database of TV models on the site: https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/products

That being said, just because it has not been explicitly tested/reviewed against/by Saorview, that is not to say that it does not support all the standards atop which Saorview runs, and I'm sure this TV at least falls into that category. For example, I have a Samsung 32" TV from a number of years ago (>7 at least) that was not technically Saorview certified, but still works with it perfectly.

It would make it easy to return if bought from a bricks and mortar shop and you don't like it

davec9313 Registered User

Just tried on the curry’s website - looks like that 55’ for 699 is sold out ... anyone got a code for it or may look at the Samsung as next best option to replace the 12 year old warrior sharp aquos 42’

Cheers

BrownFinger Registered User

I won't buy a tv off anyone other than richersounds.
6 year guarantee is pretty much standard with them or you can haggle for it.
And when you need the guarantee there is no messing.

6 people have thanked this post
cronos Registered User

BrownFinger said:
I won't buy a tv off anyone other than richersounds.
6 year guarantee is pretty much standard with them or you can haggle for it.
And when you need the guarantee there is no messing.

Any good deals with them?

tedpan Registered User

cronos
Any good deals with them?

Loads, basically they are better value than the majority of resellers in the UK & Ireland for TV & HiFi. They also have the most experience with the equipment too.

Just have a look at their site for deals

_Kaiser_ Registered User

tedpan said:
Loads, basically they are better value than the majority of resellers in the UK & Ireland for TV & HiFi. They also have the most experience with the equipment too.

They also have a Talk To forum here on Boards

I'm half thinking of upgrading my current 48" Samsung Smart TV for a 55" but would ideally prefer something with Freesat UK compatibility, multiple HDMI ports and future-proofing, as well as support for apps like Netflix and Plex

Would the LG referred to above do the job do ye think?

cronos Registered User

tedpan said:

Did have a look but looks more expensive than the listed bargains.

I'm open to someone posing bargins from them in the 49, 50, 55, 58, 65 inch models.

highdef Registered User

Sleeper12 said:
It doesn't have HDR. It's likely that there will be much more HDR content compared to UHD. However you still get a great size TV & it will upscale non UHD content.

A 58" UHD tv for 700 is an amazing price imo.

Someone else posted a link to the same TV in DID further down the thread and in the link, it says the TV does have HDR. Is that incorrect information? https://www.did.ie/samsung-6-series-58-4k-ultra-hd-flat-led-smart-tv-black-ue58mu6120kxx-ue58mu6120kxx-prd?cmp=cel&trigger=ac

4real Registered User

http://www.currys.ie/Product/samsung-ue58mu6120-58-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv/346013/397.0.0?OpenMenu=true

this one is now 699 with HDR, i think this is a better deal than both the OP and LG

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!