o1s1n Registered User

KeRbDoG said:
Oh, it worked fine when you got it from right? Don't think I had any issues with it

Oh sorry I didn't mean you gave me a broken cable! Worked absolutely fine for a long time. I think I snapped a couple of wires accidentally during my last house move.

KeRbDoG Registered User

o1s1n said:
Oh sorry I didn't mean you gave me a broken cable! Worked absolutely fine for a long time. I think I snapped a couple of wires accidentally during my last house move.

Yay+boo at the same time so

The Last Bandit Registered User

O1s1n is just plain awkward

o1s1n Registered User

I'm not sure what I've damaged more, myself or my possessions

eddhorse Registered User

So you recommend this monitor then?

o1s1n Registered User

Really depends what you want to do with it!

PS2, Gamecube and original Xbox will all look great over component. So would the Wii. All works out of the box, so from my point of view it's worth it for that alone if you have the space to have a monitor dedicated to a specific gen. Especially with the low response time.

It doesn't have HDMI or VGA in, so you're stuck with the BNC cables. Might pose problems if you want to use something like a framemeister for older consoles. You could use an arcadeforge scart to scart SLG but it wouldn't produce results as nice as the more expensive scanline generators.

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

o1s1n said:
I'm not sure what I've damaged more, myself or my possessions

Start a poll!

Edit: I just did!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057804338

KeRbDoG Registered User

Started to tinker with the LMD today, using various input - waiting on the Extron RGB 202 RXI from the US so it can do the RGsB conversion for other RGB inputs, but its an interesting screen.

Inputs tested - S-Video, Composite and Component.

The PS2 doesn't (or didn't for me) output RGsB, but the inputs for both RGB and Component are the same on the LMD-2010, you just select Component in the LMD menu rather than RGB. PS2 looked great.

I used the S-Video input then from a C64, also looks great.

Composite (didn't capture any close up photos) was grand.

1 person has thanked this post
KeRbDoG Registered User

More photos.

Hopefully when the Extron arrives the monitor will take everything that can be thrown at a screen - RGB/Component/Composite/S-Video

1 person has thanked this post
KeRbDoG Registered User

Wahoo! Got RGB output consoles working with the Extron RGB 202 Rxi - it outputs the RGsB signal the LMD-2010 wants.

Turned out the Extron I bought had DB9/9-pin input connectors instead of 'VGA' for the input RGB signal. Adapter found and just noticed today my SCART->RGB cable didn't have the sync-stripper but I had one luckily, so a quick soldering later and BAM! Need to see how it will work with the likes of a SNES, Genesis. Time to bring them back from work

So this displays;
- SCART RGB via the Extron->monitor adapter
- Composite direct into the monitor
- S-Video

3 people have thanked this post
sugarman Registered User

Fair play, looks stunning! Id love the space to pick up one of these.

On a side note, why is the PS2 image always off centre via RGB and Component? Mines the same on 3 different tv's.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!