funnyname Registered User

Stupify said:
So is Turkey the cheapest for the 4 screen plan,? 40 lira is just under 7 euro, seems pretty cheap.

Turkey via Hola, very happy

corks finest Registered User

lucast2007us said:
Couple of questions guys before I bite the bullet

Is the content different on the Turkish version compared to the Irish one?

Is it worth paying the extra to get the UHD 4 screen plan??

U get normal content

Wheety Registered User

I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.

1 person has thanked this post
cletus Registered User

Wheety said:
I set up a new virtual card in Revolut and will use that to pay for it. I will set up a monthly limit of around €6 on that card so there can't be any funny business with it. The Turkish 2 screen option is less than a fiver a month.

I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites

Wheety Registered User

cletus said:
I wouldn't bother setting the limit, I've been using it for maybe 2 years now, no issues. Plus, if you're like me, its handy for buying random crap on eBay or any of the many Chinese sites

I'll just use it for Netflix only. Have other Revolut cards.

OmegaGene Registered User

Wheety said:

What funny business could there be
I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues

6 people have thanked this post
Wheety Registered User

OmegaGene said:
What funny business could there be
I’ve been using Revolut for ages without any issues

I've had it a long time too. No issues at all with Revolut.

Hola might not be as secure though and I'll be inputting my details through that.

It's one of the benefits of Revolut. You can have several virtual cards.

Plus it's a different card number for getting the free month again. If bothered you could keep getting the free month.

Wheety Registered User

Signed up on the Turkish one just now. Used a different email address and credit card so starting again. No recommendations based on what I've watched but I don't usually find something that way anyway.

It possibly would have been fine using the same account details.

I'm on the 2 screen plan as I don't have a 4k tv and it's just me and the wife anyway. On current rates it's around €4.50 but have a free month now.

Was contemplating the 1 screen plan which was only around €2.50

Roberto_gas Registered User

Lads does turkey support 5 devices ?

jkbah Registered User

. Can get family plan with 5 accounts

Mrcaramelchoc Registered User

The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live and watch Netflix in Turkey?

brendanwalsh Registered User

Netflix doesn't care that we are buying through turkey as they pay less tax on the income earned there than they would on income earned in ireland /UK.

Roberto_gas Registered User

Mrcaramelchoc
The Turkish currency has taken a nosedive apparently.will this make it cheaper or dearer for those of us who live and watch Netflix in Turkey?

Paid 6 eur for a month

Wheety Registered User

Just an FYI, I just received an an email saying "We have recently failed to validate payment information, we are aware of their own, Thus, we must ask you to complete a short validation process in order to verify your billing and payment."

As you can see from the poor English, it's just spam. I know some people said they received an email mentioning payment method. Just be careful folks. Sometimes coincidences like this can have people drop their guard.

4 people have thanked this post
TheDriver Moderator

Wheety said:
Just an FYI, I just received an an email saying "We have recently failed to validate payment information, we are aware of their own, Thus, we must ask you to complete a short validation process in order to verify your billing and payment."

As you can see from the poor English, it's just spam. I know some people said they received an email mentioning payment method. Just be careful folks. Sometimes coincidences like this can have people drop their guard.

I get these on a weekly basis. I'd only take any note if Netflix stopped working on renewal day

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!