Brendan Bendar Registered User
#1

Sorry if there is another thread about this .

Dobbo and Sharon gone ,the new team is

Keelin Shanley and Catriona Perry.

Dobbo gone to Morning Ireland on radio and Sharon gone to the Nine o clock news in rotation with Eileen Dunne.

If you don’t like D4 accents don’t tune in between six and seven

D4 Central!!!

Who will be the new Washington corr.?

Catriona was very good in that role, and will be tough to follow.

The recent appointments seem to have come from below the A listers.

Richard Downes, Robert Shortt, Catriona,etc

Conor Brophy could be a dark horse, Gavin Jennings?

Should be interesting.

AndyBoBandy Moderator
#2

I don’t know how Perry will fare behind the desk, perhaps they should have left Sharon there for 6 months with either of the 2 new presenters to allow them time to bed in

Agent Coulson Registered User
#3

Aengus MacGrianna leaving now he is taking voluntary redundancy so I guess there will be a few more changes coming.

amovingstatue Registered User
#4

Agent Coulson said:
Aengus MacGrianna leaving now he is taking voluntary redundancy so I guess there will be a few more changes coming.


30 years a leeching and now he’s decided he’s redundant. What amount will that payoff payment be I wonder...

Brendan Bendar Registered User
#5

amovingstatue said:
30 years a leeching and now he’s decided he’s redundant. What amount will that payoff payment be I wonder...


A lot you can be sure.

Now, here’s another one.

Looks like the senior dude on the 6.1 sits on the left hand seat from the viewers point of view.

Note Sharon on the left since Dobbo checked out.

Question is will Keelan or Catriona be on the left.

Interesting!!

AndyBoBandy Moderator
#6

Brendan Bendar said:
Looks like the senior dude on the 6.1 sits on the left hand seat from the viewers point of view.

Note Sharon on the left since Dobbo checked out.

Question is will Keelan or Catriona be on the left.

Interesting!!


Its like the pilot & co-pilot seats on an airplane

Captain always sits on the left! (I think)

Brendan Bendar Registered User
#7

AndyBoBandy said:
Its like the pilot & co-pilot seats on an airplane

Captain always sits on the left! (I think)


Yes correct there, unless the co is ‘converting’ to the LHS.

Will be an interesting little vignette though.......

Mebuntu Registered User
#8

AndyBoBandy said:
they should have left Sharon there for 6 months

They couldn't. For PC reasons they wanted two women to front their flagship news slot. They couldn't dispose of Dobbo on his own as it would have been too obvious so Sharon had to be sacrificed as well.

Brendan Bendar Registered User
#9

As a bit of a side issue now is the system skewed towards the females now?

With Dobbo gone from the 6.1 and Eileen Dunne anchoring the 9oclock there is no male in evidence.

I hear Aonghus MacGriana is taking the ‘lump’ I can’t name one male TV news anchor out in Montrose.

WTF!!!!

AndyBoBandy Moderator
#10

Brendan Bendar said:
As a bit of a side issue now is the system skewed towards the females now?

With Dobbo gone from the 6.1 and Eileen Dunne anchoring the 9oclock there is no male in evidence.

I hear Aonghus MacGriana is taking the ‘lump’ I can’t name one male TV news anchor out in Montrose.

WTF!!!!


What about Ray Kennedy, he's been doing the six one with Sharon the last week or 2, he seems decent enough.

Brendan Bendar Registered User
#11

AndyBoBandy said:
What about Ray Kennedy, he's been doing the six one with Sharon the last week or 2, he seems decent enough.


He’s not a permanent anchor as far as I can guess, a filler inner .

As I see it there has been no major male or female ‘new face’ introduced into the news reading/ presenting staff up to Keelin and Cat.

When you evaluate it seems a lot of the top jobs on the current affairs TV circuit are women.

Auld Dee is making her mark.

#12

This post has been deleted.

Go Harvey Go Registered User
#13

Gerald Fleming announced his retirement from Met Eireann today.

After the Six-One paid tribute (appropriately accompanied by Crowded House), he got to do the forecast at the end - including one last wink, of course.



Another era well and truly over now...

3 people have thanked this post
Brendan Bendar Registered User
#14

Hmmmm no namer Brian O’Donovan gets Wash Cor. Job.

Never heard of the lad.��

Go Harvey Go Registered User
#15

Brendan Bendar said:
Hmmmm no namer Brian O’Donovan gets Wash Cor. Job.

Never heard of the lad.��


Ex-TV3.

1 person has thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!