Irelandman1998 Registered User

Hi guys planning on doing the GAMSAT next September ( in UK) and in March (Ireland) . Just wondering when should I start preparing , how many hours per day to put in and any recommendations on what to use for study ? I keep hearing about these Des O'Neill notes are they very useful ? I orginally was studying medicine abroad but due to personal problems and struggling to adjust I came back to college in Ireland ( please don't be too hard on me ) . My degree is 3 years long and currently in 1st year but I just really want to nail this GAMSAT . Any advice appreciated, thanks .I can go back to medicine abroad after my degree but I really don't want to resort to that . I like my degree at the moment, but still think about medicine . It would take me a solid 2 years to nail the leaving cert and Hpath to get it undergrad. I didn't do the best leaving cert either .

Celestial12 Registered User

Depends on your background. Some people seem to do well with very little prep, others do badly having spend a lot of time studying. I'm still waiting on results! Sat the exam in September. I'll sit it again in March if I have to.

I thought Des O'Neill was useful, more for the question bank than anything else. The notes in the science section weren't great IMO.

Irelandman1998 Registered User

Celestial12 said:
Depends on your background. Some people seem to do well with very little prep, others do badly having spend a lot of time studying. I'm still waiting on results! Sat the exam in September. I'll sit it again in March if I have to.

I thought Des O'Neill was useful, more for the question bank than anything else. The notes in the science section weren't great IMO.
. Thanks a miillion seems like a worthy investement to get them so, best of luck with the results !

Celestial12 Registered User

Irelandman1998 said:
. Thanks a miillion seems like a worthy investement to get them so, best of luck with the results !

Thank you!

I have the notes.

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!