Mr E Administrator

Jumping on the mini bandwagon, a C64 mini was announced today. 64 fully licensed games are included. There are A LOT of great games there, but some questionable choices too. If sideloading is possible (like Hakchi on the NES classic), this will be even better.

Love the competition pro controller too.
(I hope it has microswitches and is nice and clicky!)

£69.99, out next year.
http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/29/commodore-64-mini-console-coming-out-in-2018-with-over-35-games-6965332/

AlleyKat
Anarchy
Armalyte: Competition Edition
Avenger
Battle Valley
Bounder
California Games
Chip’s Challenge
Confuzion
Cosmic Causeway: Trailblazer II
Creatures
Cyberdyne Warrior
Cybernoid II: The Revenge
Cybernoid: The Fighting Machine
Deflektor
Everyone’s A Wally
Firelord
Gribbly’s Day Out
Hawkeye
Heartland
Herobotix
Highway Encounter
Hunter's Moon
Hysteria
Impossible Mission
Impossible Mission II
Insects In Space
Mega-Apocalypse
Mission A.D
Monty Mole
Monty on the Run
Nebulus
Netherworld
Nobby the Aardvark
Nodes Of Yesod
Paradroid
Pitstop II
Rana Rama
Robin Of The Wood
Rubicon
Skate Crazy
Skool Daze
Slayer
Snare
Speedball
Speedball II: Brutal Deluxe
Spindizzy
Star Paws
Steel
Stormlord
Street Sports Baseball
Summer Games II
Super Cycle
Temple of Apshai Trilogy
The Arc Of Yesod
Thing Bounces Back
Thing on a Spring
Trailblazer
Uchi Mata
Uridium
Who Dares Wins II
Winter Games
World Games
Zynaps

6 people have thanked this post
DinoRex Registered User

There's also a new version of Hunters Moon that went up on Kickstarter today.

http://kck.st/2ycA3qn

Good times for the C64!

2 people have thanked this post

People behind this are involved in the acrimonious Sinclair ZX Vega +, they've left the project but a lot of dirt has been thrown at them, and vice versa. The full sized model that's taking pre orders with actual working keyboard looks better bet but I personally wouldn't trust anyone from the Vega+ sh*t storm.

Mr E Administrator

Martin Walker was a hero of mine, back in the day. Loved his work.

DinoRex Registered User

Tom Mann Centuria said:
People behind this are involved in the acrimonious Sinclair ZX Vega +, they've left the project but a lot of dirt has been thrown at them, and vice versa. The full sized model that's taking pre orders with actual working keyboard looks better bet but I personally wouldn't trust anyone from the Vega+ sh*t storm.

That was Retro Computers Ltd... This is by a crowd called Retro Games.

Arthur Daley Registered User

64 games but only know 2 of 3 of them. No manic miner, purple turtles, chucky/chocky egg or green beret. Missed opportunity not to have some of the classic launch games.

Mr E Administrator

Jesus Purple Turtles was awful in hindsight. Absolutely impossible after a certain point.

Loved it at the time though! How naive we were back then!

pawrick Registered User

Arthur Daley said:
64 games but only know 2 of 3 of them. No manic miner, purple turtles, chucky/chocky egg or green beret. Missed opportunity not to have some of the classic launch games.

Same here, only played one of the games listed

CiDeRmAn Category Moderator

Is this not very similar to the C64 in a stick we had a number of years ago?

Mr E Administrator

I just counted - I've played 50 of them.

Wish it had a few more Thalamus games like Creatures 2, Quedex, Snare, Delta, Summer/Winter Camp and Retrograde.

Also Myth, Turbo Outrun, Bruce Lee, Citadel, Last Ninja 1/2/3, Flimbos Quest, Head Over Heels, IK+, Parallax, Sacred Armour of Antiriad, Cauldron, Traz, Wizball, Turrican 1/2.... probably loads more if I thought about it.

5 people have thanked this post

DinoRex said:
That was Retro Computers Ltd... This is by a crowd called Retro Games.

Former directors of RCL Paul Andrews and Chris Smith new company Retro Games.

CiDeRmAn said:
Is this not very similar to the C64 in a stick we had a number of years ago?

The joystick on the box looks exactly like that thirty in one joystick. I know the pi in and case is leveled at a lot of these but this really does just look like a pi like board and emulator in crappy case.

1 person has thanked this post
Doge Registered User

DinoRex said:
There's also a new version of Hunters Moon that went up on Kickstarter today.

http://kck.st/2ycA3qn

Good times for the C64!

Theres also a Project Hubbarb which will be kickstarting on the 5th of October with lots of content.

1 person has thanked this post
KeRbDoG Registered User

I already have my C64 Mini

7 people have thanked this post
Lemming Registered User

What I'd like to see is support for something like the SDW2IEC card reader that would allow loading other games. Some of the games on that list are a bit middling at best and it sort of reads like they just found the first lot of working ROMS that they could find.

Lemming said:
What I'd like to see is support for something like the SDW2IEC card reader that would allow loading other games. Some of the games on that list are a bit middling at best and it sort of reads like they just found the first lot of working ROMS that they could find.

I think they will probably be tinkerable via USB, I think in the failed crowd funder they started with, it was always the intention to be able to put your own games on it.

I'd still rather have a real, fully functional Commodore 64 with SD2IEC for very similar money to what this thing costs.

3 people have thanked this post

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!