doniem Registered User

I'm not sure how many people are getting these but I received a letter from eir yesterday regarding a €3 price increase on my package.

The letter said that if I was unhappy with the increase I can leave the contract without penalty in the next 30 days. I did just that today and reduced my €140 a month package (broadband and 2 mobiles) to €70 a month (I switched my broadband to sky who currently have it for €30 a month and my 2 mobiles to sim only for €20 a month each)

Again I'm not sure how many people this will benefit but hopefully it helps someone.

14 people have thanked this post
Del007 Registered User

Do you have sky tv in order to get the sky broadband for 30?

doniem Registered User

No, it's for new and excisting customers

http://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/fibre-optic/

Del007 Registered User

Here's hoping that I get that Eircom increase letter

doniem Registered User

Ring them and tell them you feel their service is worth more than your currently paying, nudge them in the right direction ;-)

3 people have thanked this post
plu Registered User

doniem said:
I'm not sure how many people are getting these but I received a letter from eir yesterday regarding a €3 price increase on my package.

The letter said that if I was unhappy with the increase I can leave the contract without penalty in the next 30 days. I did just that today and reduced my €140 a month package (broadband and 2 mobiles) to €70 a month (I switched my broadband to sky who currently have it for €30 a month and my 2 mobiles to sim only for €20 a month each)

Again I'm not sure how many people this will benefit but hopefully it helps someone.

You should inform eir that you're leaving. Your new provider will tell you that they look after everything. However in my experience of changing you'll continue to get eir bills after the changeover. There's some anomaly about how providers charge for broadband. If you look through the talk to eir / Vodafone forums you'll see loads of people who've moved and continue to receive bills from previous providers.

1 person has thanked this post
loki7777 Registered User

Is sky offering any mobile free calls bundle, webpage don't say much about it - just landline included in price. I assume if i will take fibre i will not have to pay line rental?

doniem Registered User

plu said:
You should inform eir that you're leaving. Your new provider will tell you that they look after everything. However in my experience of changing you'll continue to get eir bills after the changeover. There's some anomaly about how providers charge for broadband. If you look through the talk to eir / Vodafone forums you'll see loads of people who've moved and continue to receive bills from previous providers.

Thanks for the heads up, that was what I did 1st. Customer service had to remove the 2 mobiles from the account in order for sky to take over the landline so all is in order on eir's end.

doniem Registered User

loki7777 said:
Is sky offering any mobile free calls bundle, webpage don't say much about it - just landline included in price. I assume if i will take fibre i will not have to pay line rental?

I don't know about the calls because I don't have a landline phone but the line rental is definitely included in the €30.

thegills Registered User

I got the letter but have eir bb only so no line. I can't move provider easily. BTW eir increased last September by €5.

Doltanian Registered User

I'm with Eir for my Landline, Broadband and Mobile since April of this year and am paying €70 per month and I wouldn't mind getting out of the contract if possible but I didn't receive any letter yet.

1 person has thanked this post
Aimman Registered User

doniem said:
I don't know about the calls because I don't have a landline phone but the line rental is definitely included in the €30.

If you didn't have a landline phone, did eir on give you an actual phone number? I am with them and only have a special reference number but Sky said they need a phone number to take over the broadband. I tried a couple of times in the past but no joy. Eir even said I'd have to go on contract to get the landline phone number activated, even if I didn't have a landline phone.

doniem Registered User

Aimman said:
If you didn't have a landline phone, did eir on give you an actual phone number? I am with them and only have a special reference number but Sky said they need a phone number to take over the broadband. I tried a couple of times in the past but no joy. Eir even said I'd have to go on contract to get the landline phone number activated, even if I didn't have a landline phone.

I do have a landline number, I just don't use it. I'm surprised they said that about signing up to a contract to get a number. In a previous house I had no phone line but when I signed up through someone else (I think it was talktalk or digiweb at the time) eircom came out and installed a line free of charge. I had a house phone and 3mb broadband on that line and never entered any agreement with eircom.

thegills Registered User

I don't have a line but eir gave me an 88XX number I think. Sky told me I would have to order a line from eir before I could migrate to them. Eir wanted to charge for the line.

doniem said:

I wouldn't be rushing to join sky if it's fibre you have

Speeds not as good as VF/Eir and the like due to congestion on the backhaul

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!