Ashbourne hoop Registered User

Following on from the flat earthers thread, I was wondering what people thought of, in my opinion, an even more dangerous group, anti vaxxers. Vaccine preventable diseases are on the rise, in the US there were 3 times as many cases of measles then there were in the previous year. Andrew Wakefield, who was discredited as much as any doctor could possibly be, still appears to have huge influence on people. The uptake rate of the HPV vaccine is reportedly down to 50%. Anti-vaxxer views appear to be very popular on social media where statements like "big pharma conspiracy" are common. With all the scientific evidence available, there are still a growing number of anti vaxxers. Be interested in peoples views on this.

47 people have thanked this post
cbyrd Registered User

This should be fun ....

14 people have thanked this post
jester77 Registered User

These people are dangerous.

Some countries are making it compulsory for children to be vaccinated before they are allowed in daycare or school. Every country should start making this a law to eliminate these nut cases.

135 people have thanked this post
Ashbourne hoop Registered User

jester77 said:

Some countries are making it compulsory for children to be vaccinated before they are allowed in daycare or school. Every country should start making this a law to eliminate these nut cases.

I agree. I think in Australia you're child needs to be vaccinated before they can go into crèche.

12 people have thanked this post
suicide_circus Registered User

I thought we were pro choice, no?

7 people have thanked this post
Mickeroo Category Moderator

suicide_circus said:

i'd have no issue with an anti-vaxxer getting an abortion if they wanted.

134 people have thanked this post
branie2 Registered User

They think that the MMR vaccine causes autism

Pherekydes Registered User

Kennels won't accept your dog until it's had its shots (kennel cough).

1 person has thanked this post
SEPT 23 1989 Registered User

I think we call all agree that the pharmaceutical conglomerates have our best interests at heart

11 people have thanked this post
fizzypish Registered User

suicide_circus said:

My limited understanding is that vaccines are effective at a population level. A group not indulging in the vaccine leads to a hand hold for the ailment to grip onto. If it gains enough momentum then it can also get into the vaccinated population.
Even if vaccines can cause autism/something (I don't know?) in a small percentage of children, its still probably better than the disease going through the population like wild fire. Probably but I don't know the figures.

From a pure numbers point of view, more people are alive with vaccines than without although I have no figures to back this up so maybe I should shut the **** up.....

2 people have thanked this post
Grayson Registered User

SEPT 23 1989 said:
I think we call all agree that the pharmaceutical conglomerates all the doctors, except for the guy who was struck off for falsifying studies have our best interests at heart

Fixed it for you.

62 people have thanked this post
Whispered Registered User

Pherekydes said:
Kennels won't accept your dog until it's had its shots (kennel cough).

Not true for all kennels. Some accept dogs without the KC vaccination but you need to sign a waiver that if they catch anything it's your problem. it's different in that there are many strains of KC, it's a virus like the common cold.

mikhail Registered User

SEPT 23 1989 said:
I think we call all agree that the pharmaceutical conglomerates have our best interests at heart

And of course the guys selling water to cure cancer are entirely philanthropic too.

29 people have thanked this post
LirW Registered User

20 people have thanked this post
Fighting Tao Registered User

jester77 said:

Shoot to kill policy?

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!