SBS Registered User

tedpan said:
I'll contact Gearbest, do you want to try one of the other suppliers?

I dug out the order for the Xiaomi phone I bought a few years ago with zero customs offer. Their Aliexpress store is gone. Will do some digging to see if I can find any current alternatives.

1 person has thanked this post
tedpan Registered User

SBS
I dug out the order for the Xiaomi phone I bought a few years ago with zero customs offer. Their Aliexpress store is gone. Will do some digging to see if I can find any current alternatives.

Nice one!

11James11 Registered User

Gearbest seem to have a polish warehouse now with the drone in stock so hopefully they will stock some batteries and spare parts soon.Lindell is a rep on here she might be some help?

tedpan Registered User

11James11
is a rep on here she might be some help?

Cheers, I'll contact her directly. The gearbest site is not straight forward if you don't have a messenger account.

madmoe Registered User

Hi all,
Not to be thread spoling or going off topic but I just saw a post from Lindell at Gearbest about the DJI Spark Mini being on flash sale. It's €388 as well but of the two is the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K much better? Does the DJI Spark Mini shoot in 4K? I'm a bit of a noob to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
M

tedpan Registered User

madmoe
Hi all, Not to be thread spoling or going off topic but I just saw a post from Lindell at Gearbest about the DJI Spark Mini being on flash sale. It's €388 as well but of the two is the Xiaomi Mi Drone 4K much better? Does the DJI Spark Mini shoot in 4K? I'm a bit of a noob to all this so any advice would be appreciated.

Its a totally different unit, although both great quadcopters. Size is a big difference, 4k Vs 1080p. Range is a factor too, especially when the spark doesn't include a controller. The DJI app is better than the mi Drone app, there are regular updates and improvements though. Watch some reviews on YouTube, both give outstanding results

tedpan Registered User

This was next in my YouTube recommendations!! Haven't watched it yet

eringobragh Registered User

After the saga of Novembers missing orders I finally got one from the Polish warehouse within the week - no customs

I finally got around to flying it for the first time and all I can say is wow - its super easy to fly and unbelievable value for money

Most people on here will be windows users (no offence), but 2 things to note as a Ubuntu 16 user

1) exFAT support isn't included - run the command below from terminal

sudo apt-get install exfat-utils exfat-fuse

2) VLC is ultra choppy and unusable - possibly my laptop (its a core i3 with 4GB RAM)

Gnomeplayer works flawlessly - command below

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-mplayer

madmoe Registered User

eringobragh said:
After the saga of Novembers missing orders I finally got one from the Polish warehouse within the week - no customs

I finally got around to flying it for the first time and all I can say is wow - its super easy to fly and unbelievable value for money

Most people on here will be windows users (no offence), but 2 things to note as a Ubuntu 16 user

1) exFAT support isn't included - run the command below from terminal

sudo apt-get install exfat-utils exfat-fuse

2) VLC is ultra choppy and unusable - possibly my laptop (its a core i3 with 4GB RAM)

Gnomeplayer works flawlessly - command below

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install gnome-mplayer

You have pretty much sold me on buying this but how do I go about ensuring it comes from the Polish warehouse when I order it?

Thanks,
Mark

madmoe Registered User

tedpan said:

This was next in my YouTube recommendations!! Haven't watched it yet

Many thanks! Having looked at that I think it's the Xiaomi for me! What sort of plug does the battery charger come with?

Cheers,
M

madmoe said:
You have pretty much sold me on buying this but how do I go about ensuring it comes from the Polish warehouse when I order it?

Thanks,
Mark

Its GW-4 option - its slightly more expensive then the China warehouse

madmoe said:
Many thanks! Having looked at that I think it's the Xiaomi for me! What sort of plug does the battery charger come with?

Cheers,
M

Its a china plug but comes with an adapter. I just left it in the box and used a proper fused lead I had at home.The lead is a figure of 8 plug (the type that comes with radios) . Most houses will have a half dozen lying about the place.

2 people have thanked this post

is it just mine or does anyone elses remote control take forever to charge?

tedpan Registered User

eringobragh
is it just mine or does anyone elses remote control take forever to charge?

Depends on what you're charging it with. I use a fast charger that came with my phone, takes up to 2 hours, but then lasts for ages

tedpan said:
Depends on what you're charging it with. I use a fast charger that came with my phone, takes up to 2 hours, but then lasts for ages

Its a 2AMP charger afaik its in there about an hour and second LED is only flashing

tedpan Registered User

eringobragh
Its a 2AMP charger afaik its in there about an hour and second LED is only flashing

That's weird, same as mine. Unplug it and try a different cable/adapter

Want to share your thoughts?

Login here to discuss!